1. Welcome to the newer, better version of Android Forums! Be sure to see the announcement and enjoy checking it out!

General MyTouch 4g vs Evo 4g (video comparison)

1. Eazail70x7

Eazail70x7 Well-Known Member

Advertisement
  2. dasudevil

dasudevil Well-Known Member

Nice find.. Just watched both and to be honest Both phones are good. Just depends on which service you go with. Cant really go wrong with either.

Personally i like the MT4G. Just the right size for me. Not too big and not too small.
  3. 2FR35H

2FR35H Well-Known Member

Evo 4G is overrated plus 4.3 inches is just too damn big 4.1 is absolute perfection but 3.8 is good too.
  4. vampash1987

vampash1987 Member

This may be a dumb question, but does the mytouch 4g have sense weather animation? I know it has a mix of sense and stock. Just curious. Thanks guys. I have been searching the web, but no luck.
  5. Seth

Seth Active Member

Yes, the MyTouch has the weather animation.
  6. dasudevil

dasudevil Well-Known Member

damn it... i posted that answer seth on my phone while getting up for bed. Guess it never made it. Either way seth is right!
  7. pantlesspenguin

pantlesspenguin Well-Known Member

I agree w/ you that it's too big. I like my devices to be pocketable. My MT4G w/ a silicone case is the perfect size. As for the Evo being overrated, this I don't agree w/. In this day & age it's pretty impressive that a device that's several months old now is still relevant. Even the Nexus One is beginning to show its age.
  8. pastafarian

pastafarian P√Ętes avec votre foie Moderator

What I learned? First and foremost, both are great devices that most users would be deliriously happy with. The speed difference between the newer and older snapdragon in negligible in day to day use, unless you run benchmarks as a daily activity. I don't want a genius button. The 6+ month old Evo holds up remarkably well, I won't have any pangs of envy when I see a Mytouch4G in the wild. I think a more relevant comparison would be the mytouch vs a GalaxyS phone.

In choosing between these 2? The main choice is network, not device. I don't see a compelling difference between the 2 that would cause me to change networks to have either.
  9. 2FR35H

2FR35H Well-Known Member

Yeah the Evo 4g is still competing but like Nexus is passing its prime.. In my opinion at least... Pretty much soon it will be done with though there is only so much one can do to a phone as far as hacking goes. Hoping for a Nexus 2/s by samsung would be absolutely awesome Super Amoled Nexus= Perfection.