Mytouch Facebook Contacts missing.Support

1. chadmd23

chadmd23 Well-Known Member

So I wanted to refresh the pictures of my Facebook contacts, so i deleted my sync account, rebooted and then readded the account. Now there are no Facebook contacts when I go to link an account. But all of my updates are in my friend stream.

Help! How can I get my Facebook contacts back on my phone? Any ideas besides a factory reset?

I did try a manual sync of the contacts, but that did not work.

Advertisement
    :
  2. chadmd23

OK, I think its a problem with HTC's connection to Facebook. I'm going to wait a few days and hopefully it will be corrected.
  3. eye4863

eye4863 Active Member

Have you gone to contacts pressed menu then view and make sure facebook is checked???
  4. behold_this

behold_this Well-Known Member

No that's not the problem at all. Htc is having issues with facebook sync on ALL sense devices. It's been several days now. All previous synced contacts remain but no new ones added and if you clear data like Chad did you lose all facebook contacts! This is a known issue for htc and they claim they are working on it but like I said it's been many days now.
  5. mwl1119

mwl1119 Well-Known Member

I just resynced ( :confused: ) my facebook contacts and mine came up just fine.

Its not ALL HTC sence phones.
  6. behold_this

Have you read HTc's support pages at all? They admit to the problem dude! They may have fixed it by today but more likely it worked because by default they were originally backed up to sd card. If you go to privacy and turn off backup then clear data from facebook for mytouch your contacts will be gone and not re-sync.
  7. behold_this

Update:

Facebook for htc sense (facebook for mytouch on our phone) syncing still down! This is for the built in htc app only. This does not effect contacts that were previously synced only new updates to your "friends" via facebook. This is confirmed by htc. Visit their support pages for more info.
  8. rleal2010

rleal2010 Well-Known Member

yes htc does have a facebook problem.

One of my friends changed their profile pic and in my phone, it shows the old pic for several days before it finally decides to update
  9. dolcee.

dolcee. New Member

So this is the reason why I cannot sync my facebook friends to my contacts? I just got my replacement phone today because there was something wrong with my old one and I've been having problems trying to link the facebook with my contact. My facebook thing says I have no friends and I was boggled. Hopefully it'll be fixed soon.
  10. behold_this

It's been about a week now with no end in sight unfortunately
  11. chadmd23

Its fixed.
  12. behold_this

Yup since early early yesterday morning