MyTouch Keyboard Problems

Last Updated:

1. xMimix

xMimix Member This Topic's Starter

i just got a mytouch 3 weeks ago and just 2 days ago, when i turned my mytouch horizontally to use the long keyboard it doesn't budge! also when i want to watch videos or look at pictures and i turn it horizontally, it won't move! i've been taking good care of it, i dropped it twice but there are no visible damages nor did it turn glitchy for a second. i love my mytouch but now i'm upset because i can't view anything horizontally? what do i do?? :(

Advertisement
  2. TheNorthernForest

TheNorthernForest Well-Known Member

When you dropped it you probably screwed up the sensor that indicates whether it's in landscape mode or not.

Try resetting your device and see what happens.

3. xMimix

thanks! :)
    how do i reset my device?

4. JakeMG

JakeMG Member

Also, realize that the MT3G only rotates when you tilt it to the left. Tilting it to the right does nothing.

To do a master reset, go to Settings>SD Card and Phone Storage>Factory Data Reset.

I would suggest, though using an app called MyBackup (there's a free trial, which is all all you need) to save your settings, desktop configuration, bookmarks, etc. It didn't work for me for reloading my apps, so I just went to the market and then Downloads. All of my previous apps appeared there, so I just downloaded all 40 or so of them over wifi and I was all set. Took maybe an hour of my time. Also, write down which ringtones you use for messaging, email, calendar, weather, etc so you can set them the same afterwards. I made the mistake of not doing this, and had to try to remember the right ringtones. Good luck!

5. xMimix

wow thanks a lot! i'll try that! :D

6. xMimix

also, will this delete my contacts? i saved everything over wifi but i'm afraid it won't show up later.

7. xMimix

another question, if i reset my mytouch, won't it delete all my apps so it will delete the backup app, so i will have to download it again but will it have remembered and saved all my data?

8. JakeMG

JakeMG Member

Yes, it will delete everything, but the beauty of Google being in the cloud is when you put in your gmail address in upon starting the phone after the master reset, it will re-sync all your contacts, calendar, and gmail info.

Also, yes, it will delete all your apps, but when you go into the market, and go to the downloads section, all your apps will be there, waiting for you to reinstall them. LOver wifi, install all those apps first, and one of those apps will be MyBackup. Then you can go into that program and restore your bookmarks, settings, etc. Then all you have to do is reassign your ringtones and wallpaper and you're all set. :)