mytouch problem with AT&T

1. msierra519

msierra519 Well-Known Member

Hi everyone, i am new to these forums. i currently just got a HTC Hero and love it :D but the problem i have is with my daughters mytouch. we used to have tmobile and we switched her and my wife over to AT&T and me to sprint. i got the unlock code for the mytouch and the phone and text works no problem, but when i try to go on internet it has be type in the gmail password again and no matter how many times i enter it, it says invalid password. i tried resetting it back to factory settings and nothing. i called AT&T and they were no help. the error i get is SIM not provisioned for data. is there something i need to do or does AT&T have to do something? i added the data plan for smartphones and it still doesnt want to work. any help would be appreciated!

Advertisement
    :
  2. jfritzs2

jfritzs2 Well-Known Member

I am not sure at all, but maybe this will get some conversation rolling, I thought that I heard that Tmobile phones could be unlocked to use on AT&T but then they couldn't get 3G, so with no 3G, no data. I very well may be wrong. But it just had to do with different 3G broadcasting between AT&T and T-Mobile.

Really, I'd say get them back on T-mobile and you drop Sprint and go to T-mobile and have a great, inexpensive family plan, any reasons you can't do that?
    msierra519 likes this.
  3. InstantKarma

InstantKarma Well-Known Member

2G (Edge on T-Mo) is still data.
    msierra519 likes this.
  4. ayush20m

ayush20m Well-Known Member

You can get data on mytouch with att though it will not be as fast coz mytouch does not work on the same frequency as att's 3G network. I have att and mytouch and the load time is not very different for 3gs iphone and mytouch.

To access data on mytouch with att you need to put in the APN settings manually.

settings->wireless control->mobile networks->Access Point Names->Add new
    Name: AT&T
    APN: wap.cingular
    Username: wap@cingulargprs.com
    Password: cingular1
    MMSC: http://mmsc.cingular.com
    MMS Proxy: wireless.cingular.com
    MMS port: 80
    MCC: 310
    MNC: 410
    msierra519 likes this.
  5. msierra519

thank you very much all with your help. when i get home from work tonite i will give that a shot :D

i love forums they are very helpful
  6. thedrickster

thedrickster Member

Guessing it is the WAP configuration, I was able to use my unlocked MyTouch 3G on Australia's Telstra 3G network which employs the same 850mhz technology as AT&T in the US.
  7. ayush20m

I think you are mistaken about it being the 3G network. T-Mobile uses 1700 MHz and 2100 MHz for their 3G. Check this wiki link for confirmation.
  8. thedrickster

thedrickster Member

9. ayush20m

10. ayush20m

Frequency Bands GSM: 850, 900, 1800, 1900
    UMTS: Yes Bands: 1 (2100) & 4 (AWS 1700/2100)

Note that GSM is only 850, 900, 1800 and 1900.
    AWS stands for Advanced Wireless Services example 3G, HSDPA etc.. and for that the band is 2100 and 1700
  11. thedrickster

thedrickster Member

One bit of clarification, Telstra's 3G network in Sydney is on 2100mhz. The "nextG" network is going nationwide on 850mhz....In retrospect as the nextG network is UMTS I am guessing I was on the HSDPA 2100mhz 3G network..
  12. thedrickster

thedrickster Member

Yep agreed, it was the 2100mhz HSDPA network.
  13. ayush20m

There. So it wasnt a miracle :p
  14. msierra519

Success!! It worked like a charm..not 3g but that's ok..aslong as its working..thanks for the help everyone!