mytouch rom

Last Updated:

1. touchmymytouch

touchmymytouch New Member This Topic's Starter

i currently run a hero rom, but it getting super sluggish, was wandering how i get back

to the most recent up graded andriod os for my phone, or possibly the nexus rom or something new and sweet out, i dunno up for opinions

thanks

Advertisement
  2. dasudevil

dasudevil Well-Known Member

I hate to say this but a lot of new phones projected to be coming out are going to carry 1.6.

How to get back to stock. 1.6 on your mytouch.

Here are a list of ROM's.

It maybe up to date i dont know however looks very organized.

Hope that helps. Need more info just buzz

3. jfritzs2

jfritzs2 Well-Known Member

Don't unroot! I know that's probably what you wanted, but the Hero roms can be slow on Mytouchs becasue Hero phones have 288MB ram while we have 192MB, its understandable that they'll be sluggish. Here's what I suggest - just flash Cyanogen 4.2.14.1 or SuperD 1.9.2

Those are some of the fastest, SuperD especially, but there are so many to try out and get used to and love! Right now I'm using SuperD and its perfect, give it a try.

4. Method760

Method760 Well-Known Member

I went to look at the Super D, i have Cyanogen right now(Just Rooted!) and i dont seem to know which one to load the Ram Hack, Non Ram Hack whats the difference? Also do i have to install the danger Spl? and how do you Partition the Sd card

5. InstantKarma

InstantKarma Well-Known Member

Forget DangerSPL, I don't think it's ever been applicable to MT3Gs (only G1s), and the dev even says it's not necessary anymore.

The Ramhack version will be a little faster, but will run 3D games slower. If you don't play 3D games, use that one.

6. Method760

QuestionSS. Lol. How do you add a theme after installing a rom? Go back to recovery mode and just add like you would a regular rom?

7. InstantKarma

Depends. If it's a flashable theme, then yeah, you go back into Recovery and flash it from there like you did the rom. If it's a MetaMorph theme, then you install it from the MetaMorph app (free on the Market).

Just make sure you do a Nandroid back first (for either method), and that it's compatible with your rom in the first place.

Method760 likes this.
  8. Method760

Runing SuperD now!! Damm rooted and changed rom twice in 1 day!! Lol my only complaint on the SuperD is... Incoming call Picture!! wtf is that! Its the original android pic with a phone drawing on top of it! Haha

9. jfritzs2

Yeah, not my favorite either, so I'm just sure to link pictures of all my contacts to my contacts profile. Facebook is a great way of doing that, its funny, its almost stalkerish, but hey it does beat the new Android icon, or the old one at that matter. Now, I can't help it if its an unknown caller ;) But good luck with it, be sure to drop a donation to the developer, and a suggestion to change it - Here or here.

10. Method760

Oh for sure. Do you know how to change the iconz? Like the writing and stuff?

11. jfritzs2

What do you mean by the icons? By like app icons? If so, then I would say to search for Better Cut in the Market, also Anycut works too. Anycut is free, but Better Cut has better features.

Here is the QR code for Better Cut - $1.99 -

[​IMG]

12. bikbok

bikbok Well-Known Member

First of all:
    Is this phone "MyTouch" the same as the LG GW620? If not, I apologize, and you don't have to read further.

13. InstantKarma

No, that would be LG Eve - Android Forums