• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

MyTouch Slide, any of the same issues as HTC Evo? Screen Grounding? Screen Seperation?

HtcEvoLemon

Jun 15, 2010
Hi everyone, so I own an Evo, but i'm 90 percent sure I'm just returning it and leaving sprint. I'm so disappointed in them.

I understand the MyTouch Slide is also made by HTC. Can someone please answer the following questions for me.

Does the MyTouch slide have any of the screen grounding issues that HTC Evo has? I absolutely absolutely need my touchscreen to work on all flat surfaces, believe it or not I actually use my phone with 1 finger on flat surfaces very often.

Next, any screen seperation issues? What about call quality or earpiece problems?

I went to T-mobile today to look at the MyTouch Slide, the keyboard was very awkward, it had a very cheap looking cover it looked like the keyboard cover warps. Maybe it was just the store model, I dunno. ANy problems with this?

Finally, do you know of any issues at all with the MyTouch Slide, that I should know about before making the switch to the MyTouch slide?

Thank you everyone for your inputs.

Only problem I had wasn't really a phone issue it was T-mobile not provisioning my account. So I didn't get data updates when I was on 3G.

My girl did have a problem with the vibration not working on inbound text messages..

I also use my phone alot while it is on my desk. I haven't had a problem yet with the screen responding to my touch..

Sorry to hear of your problems with spring. I was a long time Sprint customer that left them about 3-4 years ago because they had the worst customer service. I love T-Mo customers service they are always helpful and polite.

Upvote 0
Only problem I had wasn't really a phone issue it was T-mobile not provisioning my account. So I didn't get data updates when I was on 3G.

My girl did have a problem with the vibration not working on inbound text messages..

I also use my phone alot while it is on my desk. I haven't had a problem yet with the screen responding to my touch..

Sorry to hear of your problems with spring. I was a long time Sprint customer that left them about 3-4 years ago because they had the worst customer service. I love T-Mo customers service they are always helpful and polite.

Don't even get me started about sprint customer service. T-mobile is unbeatable in customer service. Sprint is horrible, horrible!

Thanks for the reply, so what is provisioning your account mean? I don't want to run into this problem.

Upvote 0
Don't even get me started about sprint customer service. T-mobile is unbeatable in customer service. Sprint is horrible, horrible!

Thanks for the reply, so what is provisioning your account mean? I don't want to run into this problem.

You just have to make sure they have a they right type of phone on your account. For some reason they just had mine in as a smartphone and not an android phone. Which cause me not to get data update over their 3G network.

And yea Sprints CS sucks big time. They messed up my account information and wanted to blame me for it. As if I can go into their system and change things. After I left them the wanted to charge me for canceling my contract. This was after I was on month to month with them for over 5 years. They finally stopped calling me when my lawyer wrote them a letter with my contract with them and the date high lighted 2-21-00 to 1-21-02

Upvote 0

As someone who has both Sprint and T-Mobile, I can assure your that your "grass is greener on the other side" view will quickly disappear.

Good luck with T-Mobile.

Upvote 0
i have the mytouch slide right now and the phone is shitty!!! this will be my 3 in a week.. im going to go to the behold 2 since the touch screen on the mytouch doesnt always work.. and the phone turns off on its own.. three ppl i know has the same problems.. GOOD LUCK

I bought two of them and I don't have any problems with either one so I wouldn't be to quick to make a blanket statement as I do NOT feel the same way. For the record, the BH2 had/has a lot of issues which may be why they couldn't give them away. You may be jumping from the pan into the fire with that decision. If you read these boards you will see that every time a new phone comes out, there are a certain number of people that, now matter how they try, still end up with bad hardware while others have no problems at all. I think a lot of times it just comes down to getting a bad batch in your geographical location. I don't know but I do know that you just can't make general statements about something like that. Go and get yourself a different phone but if it's the BH2, don't be surprised if that one blows up in your face. You might be better off with the MT3G or even the CLIQ XT. I've had them both and they both worked just fine.

Upvote 0
I had the mytouch slide, overall it was a very good phone, the keyboard is horrible, it is very awkward, and the keys are stiff, that was a major disappointment, but it is fast despite only using a 600 mghz processor, no screen issues with mine, call quality was very good, never shut off on me battery life was good too, IMHO, it is tmobiles best phone, only the N1 is better

Upvote 0
I had the mytouch slide, overall it was a very good phone, the keyboard is horrible, it is very awkward, and the keys are stiff, that was a major disappointment, but it is fast despite only using a 600 mghz processor, no screen issues with mine, call quality was very good, never shut off on me battery life was good too, IMHO, it is tmobiles best phone, only the N1 is better

I keep reading from everyone that the battery life is good on the slide.

Mine is dead in 6-8 hours in light use. Horrible.

I still love the phone though through its flaws.

Upvote 0

Have you disabled "Enable Always-On Mobile Data?" I have turned that off on mine and I can easily get like 12 hours or more out of mine. I text, browse the web, watch stuff on youtube. Try it and it might help you out some!

Upvote 0

Battery life on the MTS isn't too bad. Try downloading Advanced app killer, and only leave on syncs that you absolutely need. Also if you aren't under the sun, you don't really need Full Screen brightness, so put it at a lower setting. Wifi should be off unless you need wifi signal. That should help a little. Also try recharging after the battery is fully empty, that should calibrate it according to some people. I haven't had to do that yet, my battery life has been ok.

Upvote 0
Have you disabled "Enable Always-On Mobile Data?" I have turned that off on mine and I can easily get like 12 hours or more out of mine. I text, browse the web, watch stuff on youtube. Try it and it might help you out some!

Hey whats enable always-on mobile data? My battery life is okay, haven't tried this yet, would be interesting to see if it extends the life more.

Upvote 0
Hey whats enable always-on mobile data? My battery life is okay, haven't tried this yet, would be interesting to see if it extends the life more.

From what I can tell is when you disable this, your 3G connection goes into like voice only unless a sync occurs or a push item comes in. It doesn't affect gmail or anything but I sometimes use Meebo and it disconnects if I don't keep that selection on. So I only turn it on when I use Meebo otherwise I turn it off.

Settings > Wireless & Networks > Mobile Networks > Enable always-on mobile data.

Just unselect that one and you will be amazed how much better it gets.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones