mytouch touchscreen not working

Last Updated:

1. epolyak

epolyak New Member This Topic's Starter

Today I took my mytouch 3g apart to install a new trackball and when I put it all back together the touchscreen doesnt work. If i take the back off and undo some of the screws, the touchscreen works perfectly. If I screw everything together and snap the backplate on, the touchscreen doesn't work. Any suggestions?

Advertisement
  2. polar.plan

polar.plan New Member

I had a similar issue with a case that I have. The case was made poorly and the touch screen was nearly unresponsive. I took the case off and the problem disappeared, but this didn't make any sense at first. I then tried applying pressure to the outside of the touch screen to simulate the issue, and, low and behold, the screen didn't respond at all.
    Try loosening to screws that hold the back. Just past finger-tight should be perfect.

3. epolyak

epolyak New Member This Topic's Starter

Thanks for the suggestion, but the touchscreen won't work even when I snap the housing back onto the phone with the screws out.

4. Stinky Stinky

Stinky Stinky Well-Known Member

Hi,

Hmm,

Do you also have any screen protectors on ur device by any chance? Try remove the screen protector and try again?

I don't know... maybe take it in for repairs. :(

Sorry man, im out of optoins here.