• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

sensesfail99

Android Enthusiast
Dec 28, 2009
SLC, UT
Okay So I searched around on the site and all I can seem to find is storm to droid switch.... I want to know storm to mytouch switch?

I have the storm 1 right now and it is a decent phone, when it works right. Major down falls are the memory and the os working properly. I also hate the screen click.
my questions about the mytouch... I havent been able to see one in action because of the display models at bestbuy... So i want to know if programs load faster, if the transitions from screens is faster, smoother? slower? what? Also can you change the color of the trackball like you could with the old blackberry pearl? can you not use headphones with it? I didnt see a headphone jack on it :-( and the most important to me... is the screen the same kind of click screen like the storm? or is it like the iphone... just touch it and there is no actual click in???? sorry if all this info is covered somewhere else....

I had the Storm, and this is a FAR superior phone. Everything loads faster than my Storm did and works better than my Storm did.
There is no 'click' like the Storm, it's just a touch screen along the lines of the iPhone.
I don't know if you can customize the trackball at this point.
The charger/data/headphone port is all-in-one. It comes with an adapter that allows you to plug in regular 3.5mm headphones.
I've heard you can tether for free (or w/ a one-time fee of $30 for a specific app), but I have yet to do so.

Upvote 0
okay well what app do i need to tether? I went to tmobile and went ahead and got the phone. So far it blows the storm out of the water, but ill give it a week before i pass final judgments. I asked the guy there about tethering and he said its not supported with this phone and it may never be supported, but he knows i can go online and get a program thatll let me do it, theyll just not be able to offer me any tech support to get it running properly.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones