Mytouch won't connect to computer

Last Updated:

1. Don Diddles

Don Diddles Active Member This Topic's Starter

This is really annoying. I've been looking everywhere. I used to be able to connect my phone to my computer, I recently got a laptop and my phone won't even come up in computer. I know how to mount, the option to mount doesn't even come up. I've spent hours for the past few days trying to figure this out. I've done plenty of things and nothing seems to work. I restored my phone and memory card.

Advertisement
  2. RazoE

RazoE Well-Known Member

This happened to me when I plugged in my G1 to switch over filres to my mytouch, unfortunately the only thing that "solved it" was to plug in my g1 at the same time...

3. athanlon

athanlon New Member

I am having the same problem. I used to be able to connect, No problem. But since the FroYo update I cannot connect at all. The FroYo ruined everything! I hate it. No computer connecting, i cannot access my gallery, it randomly deletes my songs, it deletes my contacts, it does not have a working flash player and the download for adobe does not work, It constantly force closes my applications and even makes my phone unresponsive to the point i have to remove battery. It really sucks. :mad: Did you get the froyo update... maybe that did it to you too. Tmobile refuses to fix this, they just tell me to reboot my phone. All that serves to do is delete ALL of my contacts.

4. behold_this

behold_this Well-Known Member

This is the mytouch SLIDE forum guy! It is not the samething as the mytouch3g. There is no froyo update for it! Oh and btw the slide already has flash support. There was one update for the slide months ago but froyo it was not!

5. UnknownAlly

UnknownAlly Well-Known Member

Did you try going to hardware in the control panel?
    Look for the USB device and uninstall it, then plug the phone in and see if it asks you to reinstall.

6. Iliketrains

Iliketrains Well-Known Member

Maybe you don't have the correct drivers for your phone. Try installing PDANet on your computer, then plug in your phone after it tells you to. It should install the drivers for you.