MyVerizon intercepts *611 calls

1. drtrask

drtrask Active Member

Each time I dial *611 (or 800-922-0204), the MyVerizon app on my RMHD intercepts the call and opens the app. I DON'T WANT THE APP; I WANT a VZW rep. The app won't dial VZW until I type in my password.

Is there any easy hack or way around this annoying new "feature?"

Thanks, in advance, for your assistance.

PS: I have a Razr Maxx HD

Advertisement
  2. Clementine_3

Clementine_3 Well-Known Member

I just ran into this yesterday, so dumb. lol. They do offer a lot of self service options that I'm sure a lot of folks ignore but you are right, when you call for a rep you should get a rep.
    I don't like it and hope they change it but am sure they won't.
  3. damewolf13

damewolf13 live~laugh~love VIP Member

Ugh...I haven't had to deal with this yet, but that sounds like something they are doing to keep customer service to a minimum. I hope I can remember my password whenever I encounter this.
  4. argedion

argedion The TechnoFrog Moderator

This hasn't happend to me on my LG Lucid I just tried it to see and it still doesn't happen
  5. OutOfPhase

OutOfPhase Premium Member Guide

It does not happen on mine either. I am stock rooted but with some of Verizon's other apps frozen.
  6. zoxxo

zoxxo Well-Known Member

I'm curious, if you don't need the "My Verizon" app, could you remove or disable it to get around this issue?
  7. argedion

argedion The TechnoFrog Moderator

havent disabled it but I switched phones and got the Motorola Razr M and it still doesn't do it when ever I dial. I'm not sure why it seems to do it with some and others it doesn't