• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

N-Gage Example

Rob

Galaxy S20 Ultra
News Moderator
Administrator
  • Mar 26, 2008
    androidforums.com
    Take a look at what Nokia is doing with the N-Gage gaming platform. It is pretty darn brilliant if you ask me. They are basically turning their handsets into little GameGear's and launching their mobile gaming version of iTunes complete with social networking and other very Web2.0 new age inclusions.

I hope folks that are developing games for Android... and the Android team themselves... are taking a close look at what Nokia has done here because I think they are setting the bar at a high level as far as "how to do" mobile gaming.

Any Nokia owners out there want to comment on their experience with N-Gage. Of course if you don't have a Nokia you're allowed to comment, too... hehe

Take a look at Nokia's SNAP Mobile division too. I saw some multiplayer mobile games from SNAP at a demo in 2006.

The original N-Gage (as a device) flopped due to some really bad hardware/engineering decisions and it never really recovered. But it was a good idea and the N-Gage platform lives on (sorta).

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones