• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root n00b Here with his rooted MT3G

GLT5000

Lurker
Mar 28, 2010
I finally got my 3g rooted! Yay! now I have 1.6 on it so far, the guy I had do it for me didn't really tell me how to get new ROM's (I guess lol) or new themes and stuff, If anyone can help either tell me how or point me in the right direction as to having all the fun of a rooted phone? Thanks!

It might seem intimidating at first (and frankly, I don't think it's very well organized), but the greatest resource I've found is xda-developers. You can type in your device in the box in the top right and it'll take you straight to the MyTouch section. That being said, themes will be in Android Themes, and at least two of the most prominent roms (CyanogenMod and SuperD) are in the G1 Development forum, since they were originally designed for that phone.

To bypass XDA forums, at least a little, CM has a very extensive and helpful wiki at CyanogenMod Wiki, and the SuperD homepage is Super D Android Development - Official Home of Ben Buchacher, although that's mostly a gateway to the SuperD thread on XDA.

There's lots of good info in this forum, although I'll admit you have to dig around a bit. I'll be posting a FAQ in the next day or two to help a bit with that. In the meantime, if you skim the threads you're likely to learn a few things. :)

Welcome!

Reactions: GLT5000
Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones