N00b question about syncing Outlook memos with android

Last Updated:

1. Sprockethead

Sprockethead Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

I can't believe that I can't find this using search, as I'm sure it gets asked at least once a day somewhere on the forum... HOWEVER

Can you sync notes directly with Outlook? I know that third-party apps allow you to sync the calendar and contacts (at least I HOPE they do). But I don't see anything about syncing the notes/memos.

Any help? This would be a deal-breaker for me, but I REALLY want this phone.

Thanks.

Advertisement
  2. Bek

Bek Well-Known Member

3. companionlink

companionlink Well-Known Member

Hey Sprockethead,

Deal-breaker no more! CompanionLink's USB sync for Android will sync notes from Outlook - it even has category support. It works with a nifty little Android app called DejaOffice. Here's more info on your sync options with the EVO 4G - www.companionlink.com/evo4g

4. drksilenc

drksilenc Well-Known Member

... htc sence does this out of the box theres no need for any other software.
    i have calander notes mail meetings and all of that synced on my hero and its the same sence

5. Sir Loin

Sir Loin Active Member

Are you sure about notes being synced? Can anyone else verify this? This is a first for me to be seeing this info, everywhere else I've read about people having to resort to other 3rd party note syncing methods.

6. nancyh1990

nancyh1990 Well-Known Member

I am on the same boat. I have tons of notes on my outlook. I have looked into Gsyncit. But still not 100% certain it would work.
    Through my research, from multiple sources, HTC sense will NOT sync outlook Notes.

7. nancyh1990

So USB is needed? I am spoiled with my Blue tooth sync to my BB desktop.

8. kcstacy

kcstacy New Member

Notes and tasks don't sync out to my new Evo --- Except for the cable-dependent CompanionLink, I haven't found another solution. I fear (loss of $40 and) lack of Sprint support with glitches if I rely on a third party sync function. I struggled through Intellisync issues for years to get successful palm and outlook syncing on several Palm devices. Was hoping for a cleaner (included) solution. LOVE the Evo --- but disappointed in the missing notes/tasks piece.

9. nancyh1990

I have had decent success at syncing notes and tasks with Gsyncit. HOWEVER, I have missed contacts, notes... when the setting is set to 2-way sync. To remedy that, I just manually set the sync to be one way. That is a pain changing the setting every morning and night. But this is as good as it gets with the Evo.