N00b question: Gotta ask - Any way to move back my 1 year rebate?

Last Updated:

1. Sprockethead

Sprockethead Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

So I'm a "Premier" member of Sprint. My 1-year new phone rebate is August 1. That means I'll have to wait nearly 2 months after release date for my phone.

Is there any secret that I don't know about that would allow me to convince Sprint to move my date back a month or two? Is that even worth asking? Anyone ever done it before?

I'm almost tempted to pay the $450 instead of waiting until August!

Any help is much appreciated!!

Advertisement
  2. Bek

Bek Well-Known Member

I'm fighting that exact same battle right now. Have contacted Sprint e-Care and Retentions via phone, and am doing an online chat with another Sprint representative now.

So far, they've all held the line, stating that they can only move up my eligibility by 2 weeks. The online chat rep "claims" to be speaking to a supervisor right now.

3. Sprockethead

^^Please do me a huge favor and let me know the outcome. Also, could you let me know what you told them? Are you threatening to leave Sprint all together? What rationale did you give them?

4. Bek

Bek Well-Known Member

I argued that I've been a Sprint/Nextel customer for almost 10 years, until 2008 when I left for AT&T. I came back after 1 year of terrible service and got the Palm Pre. I pointed out how the Pre is a piece of garbage and was ready to leave for Verizon and the Incredible, but would prefer to remain with Sprint for the Evo.

After a bunch of finagling with the online chat rep, they finally offered me a $100 account credit, to be applied once I purchase the Evo. The rep was going to add a note regarding the credit, to my account now. Once I have an Evo activated, then I need to contact them back and they will apply the credit. Beats an MIR and puts me at $350 net, so I figured that was an acceptable compromise.

5. Sprockethead

Not too shabby! Congrats. So the final person that you talked to that made it happen, was it a retentions person?

6. Bek

Bek Well-Known Member

No, just a random Customer Care rep. I used the online chat, since I'm at work now and juggling code.