N1 absolutly refuses to send text messages to certain shortcodes..Support

Last Updated:

1. 1080p

1080p Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

Oct 1, 2009

On my old phone (unlocked iPhone), I subscribed to news and weather updates via SMS from a local radio station. The shortcode is 411923.

Then I got Nexus One (same T-Mobile service and SIM) and still receive the messages from them. Well, one day, there was a big news day (chile earthquake?) and I was getting annoyed by them, so I was gonna reply with "STOP" like you do with most short codes.

The Nexus absolutely refuses to even attempt to send this number a text. It won't even try. It immediately shows the "message failed <!>" notification and sound. I can send to various other shortcodes, but this and a few others, the Nexus won't try.

I am sure I could get another T-Mobile phone and swap SIMs to do it from that phone... I am just wondering what is the problem?

2. mcosmi

mcosmi Member

Jan 16, 2010
    are u using google voice on you n1? if so then short codes don't wirk with gv yet. if not, i have no clue, cuz my n1 works with shortcodes for twitter, and FB, but I have to subscribe using the direct n1# not my gv #(which i use for sms mainly)