N1 - back to stock / complete wipe?Support

Last Updated:

1. dime079

dime079 Member This Topic's Starter

first and foremost, let me say that no - i am NOT rooted!

in my haze of having the best phone on the planet :D i have installed many apps. some being from the market, and some being 3rd party or whatever you want to call it. one of these apps (i'm pretty sure it was the "trackball to wake") has wreaked havoc on my sleep / screen timeout settings ever since i uninstalled it. i have changed the phones factory sleep / timeout settings to no avail. here are the 2 main problems i'm having:

1. although the phone is set to put the screen to sleep after 2 mins, it still sometimes just NEVER turns the screen off, consuming massive amounts of battery.

2. again even tho the screen is set to sleep after 2 mins, sometimes just touching it (the screen), the trackball, the on/off or volume buttons wakes it up w/o having to swipe to unlock.

although, there is an option in the settings for a factory reset, i've read that this will only delete "your settings". i've also read that just because you've uninstalled an app, it can still leave junk behind.

long story short, will this "factory reset" option fix my problem or is there a way to just completely WIPE the phone back to stock without having to unlock the bootloader / void the warranty?

Advertisement
  2. mi_canuck

mi_canuck Well-Known Member

3. dime079

excellent thank you, hope this fixes the issue

4. mi_canuck

mi_canuck Well-Known Member

well i make no claim that it will fix whatever ails your Nexus... but that's how you do a factory reset essentially....

5. dime079

so far so good, thx :)