N1 for Sprint Official

Last Updated:

1. Robfactory

Robfactory Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

[​IMG]

Yes! For those on Sprint you too can know be part of the Android "in" crowd.
    According to Sprint's press release "Nexus One is a powerful device that belongs on a powerful network. This is another step in our continued partnership of innovation with Google," said Fared Adib, Sprint vice president of product development.

The phone will not be available through Sprint, but through Google's page. No release date has been scheduled, but the press release states, "soon."

According to the specs the phone will not support 4G.

Advertisement
  2. Covert_Death

Covert_Death Well-Known Member

no 4g but if you go to sprint's newsroom it is announced there and they way they put it it sounds like it will have "multiple" plan options to choose from :) no crappy t-mo lockdown BS

3. QrafTee

QrafTee Well-Known Member

Pssh, they advertise 4G in California, but have no coverage in our state whatsoever so it's not like 4G being in the Nexus One would matter for us Californians anyway.

4. Robfactory

I don't think it currently matters. 4G is still 2 yrs away from being relevant. The fact that the capability is there will give those who keep phones for more than a yr something reliable n future proof. I just hope Sprint is able to learn from T-Mobile's mistakes and hardware issues.

5. Covert_Death

agreed, i already have 450 data everything on the family plan, and i CANNOT switch as there are 3 lines on it, just sell me an N1 that will work on family plan, im fine charging data everything, it's a smartphone it should have it anyway, just allow me to do it on a family plan and subsidize it for me please

6. Viralmind

Viralmind Well-Known Member

im assuming i can use my unlocked version of the N1 i bought last month on ATT yes?

7. Robfactory

No, due to bandwidth frequency differences.
    No 3G
    Well you can, but limited.
    You will be able to make calls and use EDGE.

8. Viralmind

Viralmind Well-Known Member

then its not really unlocked like they said it was. that is pretty stupid to release different versions of the same phone without being able to change back and forth like many other phones can do.

9. Robfactory

It's unlocked n if you bought it for T-Mobile you can use it with any GSM provider. However, when it comes to DATA T-Mobile uses its own 3G bandwidth which is not compatible with any other providers.

AT&T's version is fully compatible with Rogers in Canada.

Is the phone unlocked? Yes!
    But the only thing that limits phones in the US is all of the different technologies.

10. Caloy

Caloy Well-Known Member

Just asking everyone, what is your best guess on when the phone will come out?

I really hope it would be next month... :D

11. Super 27

Super 27 Member

If Sprint is even remotely intelligent (which they aren't), they will release it at or near the time Verizon gets theirs out. Personally, as a Sprint user, I am fed up with them always being behind the times on devices. I'm stuck with Android 1.5 on the Hero, and while it's clearly the best phone on Sprint (IMHO), it'll be difficult to stay loyal if Verizon manages to pump out the Nexus One before Sprint, especially if Sprint hasn't given us Hero users the 2.1 upgrade yet...

12. Covert_Death

i wouldn't be tooooo suprised for a launch at CTIA.... t-mo did this without even an annoucnemet to carry first... and sprint normally doesnt ever announce phones more than 2 weeks before it's launch so i'd put money on fairly soon ladies :)

13. IOWA

IOWA Mr. Logic Pants Moderator

Not keeping up with devices? Name one verizon phone that sprint doesn't have a comparable phone too. Also with the upcoming supersonic with wimax and hero2, some people I swear. The ignorance is mind boggling. Also, the moment runs circles around your hero, just so you know.

14. Caloy

Caloy Well-Known Member

I hope you're right Covert. Would you say they will release the phone by early April?

15. QrafTee

QrafTee Well-Known Member

It's funny because Verizon people on the Verizon forum complains about the same thing. I'm thinking it's the whole "the grass is greener on the other side" mentality.

16. Covert_Death

i dont know about grass is greener on the other side... but it's always burnt on your current side.... we always want OUR carrier to the the BEST phone, not the others... the N1 is changing that finaly but still exclusivity sucks a big one. some people love their phones on their carrier while others just want something better that another has. you either follow the phone or the carrier, but it's hard to have your cake and eat it too when it comes to mobile phones

as for you question Caloy, i wouldn't see why not. its through FCC and sprint said announcements "soon" when the N1 was announced it was imediately for sale, i think that is what google will do again, and if not, we can look at sprint who never officialy announces a phone more than 2 weeks before it sells, so if they announce "soon" then 2weeks + soon = still soon to me so i think it'll be out "soon" lol

17. Caloy

Caloy Well-Known Member

The N1 will definitely be a keeper if it's available with the "everything data (450) - for $69.99!" (of course all the bells and whistles should still be intract - e.g. navigation, sprint tv premier etc)

18. Eaglesfan9106

Eaglesfan9106 Well-Known Member

Thats why your getting flash 10? lol no your not just like us hero users, so step off your high horse

19. IOWA

IOWA Mr. Logic Pants Moderator

Lol serious? Your going to base ONE capability as someone that makes or breaks a phone? Moment runs circles around the hero, period. Better hardware. Same Software. Do the math.

20. JDuc

JDuc Well-Known Member

wow....I can't believe people...on the internet, comparing the size of their phone e-penis...really? come on guys...get over it...it's a freaking PHONE!

21. Eaglesfan9106

Eaglesfan9106 Well-Known Member

when did the moment get the sense UI lol wrong different software

22. momoceio

momoceio Well-Known Member

Quit arguing already...my lord.