N1 in Belgium

Last Updated:

1. evian

evian Member This Topic's Starter

Hi guys

I am living in Belgium at the moment.

Do you know when the N1 will be launched in Belgium? And if I get a set from the UK, will it work here?

Thanks

Advertisement
  2. FLT

FLT Well-Known Member

Yes it'll work, been using one for about 3weeks ;)

No date is set for BeNeLux, maybe you could import one from the UK since it'll be there first in Europe (pricy tho :p)

3. evian

evian Member This Topic's Starter

Yeah its like 600EUR from Ebay! Quite pricy as yet. Did you get yours from the UK or from the US?

4. FLT

FLT Well-Known Member

I know someone who lives in the UK ;)

It's the same device as in the US for now since they're shipping from the US to the UK.

5. Teknologic

Teknologic Well-Known Member

Hi there, i registered just to share with you that I also live in Belgium and got a nexus one from the US for 530 euro. And I've been very pleased with it since I got it. You can use it just like any other phone on your regular carrier.
    The only downside for now is that there's no keyboard support for this region so you'll have to do with qwerty and won't be able to use the sweet autocomplete function which lets you text super fast. Voice 2 text will also just be in english but works well that way, if only just for googling stuff.
    Perhaps there's a way to add languages to the android keyboard library or a keyboard that's better then this one with our language support, I havn't really found anything tho.

In short: I was kinda amazed at how well this phone just works here. For instance, when I first booted it I immediately got an update for multi-touch support (I understand that's still blocked in the US?) and all the gps gizmo's and location apps work fine here. (I recommend you try out places directory, I find tons of restuarants etc in my direct living area).

So buy one and enjoy! :D