• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

N1 is slow to connect to WiFi

0sync0

May 22, 2010
Since getting the N1 it has always felt slow in connecting to WiFi. I recently got an iPad and it is much faster in connecting, which makes the N1 seem even slower now.

Mine usually takes about 8 seconds and sometimes up to 30 seconds. The iPad connects in 2 seconds.

How long does your N1 take to connect to WiFi?

No matter what access point it usually doesn't take more then 5 seconds to connect.
I'd be a bit happier if it were instant (for some apps I ave to wait a few seconds when waking up the phone). But 5 seconds is good enough.
I think I read about a mod for better reception on the wifi adapter that some people also reported faster connect speeds on xda but I can't locate the topic anymore (such a cluster**** over there :p)

Upvote 0
The wifi connection gets severed and the adapter disabled when sleeping to conserve power.

This has not been my experience. The Wi-Fi may got to sleep, but I seldom have to reconnect when I wake the phone. I've had the phone in my pocket for about an hour, and I just woke it up and Wi-Fi was still connected and receiving data right away.

My N1 takes 5-10 seconds to connect to Wi-Fi when needed.

Upvote 0
Ever since froyo my N1 has been having a lot of wifi issues. I have set my N1 next to an original droid running 2.2 and while the droid is connected my N1 doesn't even see the network (this is my home network). Even next to my laptop, which I run wireless, the laptop is connected and some days the N1 sees the network, others it doesn't, even when it does connect it will often drop the network after a while of not using it. Quite annoying.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones