• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

N1 probably one of the biggest scams of all time

Ya the biggest scam of all time lol. Nexus One wasn't meant to get into the masses anyways am I correct on this??

Point of this phone was to show the world what Android can do! Google proved it. So u can call it a successful Flop(flop part being they didn't sell as many) Google gave away lots of free Nexus One's to android app devs!! That was smart!!!

Anyways.. lets continue the biggest scam of all time when Google issues an Over The Air update sometime in late May, and receive our Android 2.2 FroYo update with full flash support lol. Oh and the bug fixes of course.

You sir are correct, the point of the n1 was to get the hardware makers to step their game up...example is the switch from the 550-650 cpus to 1g snapdragons, and show wat android can really do..Who did not see the interview before the n1 was released where all this info is clearly stated??

Upvote 0
System 6, I'd say you should try to send it back to HTC for repair/replacement one last time. I know you've done that and had lots of problem but there's no harm done right? I've read some people have great services from them. I rememer one of your posts that you sent in into repair soon after you got it, when it was released, so maybe they are better now? Just a suggestion. I love my N1 and it works perfectly so far *knocks on wood*

Upvote 0
Just sell it and be done with it; there are many people who will buy it off you. If you think it's a scam just get rid of it and move to and Iphone or other device. Noones making you keep it really.

I will admit that my phone isn't perfect, but I just flat out don't have any of the issues you mention; whether that's because phillys network is better than some areas i dunno. Even my iphone has annoying problems that piss me off; my iphone does crash and i CANNOT take it out of the country unless i jailbreak and unlock or want to get destroyed in roaming charges.

Every phone has trade-offs and it sounds like you aren't liking the trade offs on the Nexus, that's cool, but what is the point of this thread? All things you mention are documented and discussed everywhere else already. Your title presents this as Google scamming people yet the content of your post doesn't support any of it.

Upvote 0
Really now? Rumors are churning that the Droid Incredible may have root done soon.

Your response to my original post is incorrect.......

Latest thing I have found is that SetCPU will not work on a rooted Desire at the moment - it may be that the app just does not support the phone yet, or, HTC has locked certain aspects of the phones internals......

A rooted Desire (and the same applies with any other of the new HTC Sense phones more than likely) will not give the same level of open access when rooting that the Nexus does. This may happen eventually if the devs find an answer but HTC are being more protective of their phones hardware.

Just saying.....

Upvote 0
Im kind of with the OP on this in terms of being unwilling to send a phone back to repair and wait two weeks for a refurb model.

The Nokia N97 came with various hardware issues out of the box, and for many people, a phone is an expensive item, and sometimes the only phone they have. The idea of being away from it due to a perceived factory defect is a little galling.

As consumers, we need to stop giving manufacturers so much leeway. What's wrong with expecting to receive a 100% working product and to allow for fixes that don't inconvenience the consumer?

Upvote 0
You are an early adopter, you pay the price.

Would you say microsoft has the biggest scam of all time with the xbox 360?

xbox 360 failed at a remarkable rate.. I mean really... people bought into it (way more than the nexus one) and they failed in scores.

Sure.. your going to have problems with nexus one... But, no handset is perfect in the first place and in the second this is an unlocked phone...

The advantage of that two year contract is, a phone which is tailored by your carrier, for your carrier.

I do hope your issues are resolved, and I do hope you remain vocal about them, otherwise they will not be fixed.

However, bear in mind that your expectations may have been different from the expectations of other users who got a nexus one.

My brother bought a graphics card two weeks ago.. it actually went UP in value 60$ over the last two weeks.. Usually it goes down... Sometimes you get lucky, sometimes you don't.. Graphics cards, cell phones, and everything works the same way.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones