• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root N1 received 2.2 last night! Is the AOSP available??

I don't believe it reads the "phone" per say. I think it just checks for the Version number (ie. 2.2). I'm not positive though....I just seem to remember that being the case going from 2.01 to 2.1 (rooted).

It was the case, IIRC - we could download purportedly 2.1 apps that wouldn't download to stock Droids. I think it was one app, but yeah.. haha

Upvote 0
You can trick the market into believing you have 2.2 by using a modified build.prop file.

The problem is, if you download flash, it won't work because it calls on 2.2 APIs.
Yeah but once we get a functioning rom from Pete or whoever, won't we have all we need to get flash from the market and have it working on our droids?

Sent from my Droid using Tapatalk

Upvote 0
Correct. I think Fab was referring to trying to "trick" Flash into working with 2.1. Some guy in the main Droid forum tried it and it didn't work.

BTW guys, reading the N1 forum, Hulu WORKS (at least for now). You have to make some changes so you are spoofing a desktop browser, but it works. XDA also reports the same.

**EDIT**

I have some SERIOUS mental issues. I have the following tabs open on my browser...

1. Android Forums (N1 phone subforum)
2. Android Forums (Droid, Root subforum)
3. Droidforums.net
4. Alldroid.org Forums (Droid, Releases, Pete subforum)
5. XDA forums (Nexus One subforum)

I also had Pete's twitter page up, but I set it to send SMS to my phone, so I finally closed that one...haha

Upvote 0
Those of you itching for a change while waiting for froyo might want to try the Sterling themed ROM on the cyanogen mod site in the droid themes section. Based on 5.0.7 test1 build...runs fast and stable.

[Theme][Rom] Sterling *update 05/22/10* - CyanogenMod Forum

Hope the devs work out things on froyo soon...i really want the bt dialing, additional speed, and full exchange support...

Upvote 0
Not yet I'm afraid.. But I'm sure it ain't gonna take much longer.

I'm afriad we'll be waiting far longer than originally expected..
Pete and many other devs are reporting that they are unable to deodex the Froyo dump. We'll have to wait for a resolution to that problem before a rom can be cooked.

Upvote 0
The update I just downloaded said that it was an update for 2.2/froyo - IDK, I don't have it but I update

It's much like software that you might buy for your PC that has "Built for Windows 7" branding on it.
It means that app is built for full compatibility with Froyo and that it is built on the Froyo SDK. That app is "Built for Froyo."

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones