N1 vs. Incredible (dumb name)

Last Updated:

1. Smartphone

Smartphone Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

I have been planning to get the N1 for Verizon since they announced it would be out in the Spring. In fact I have already purchased Innocase 2 and Screen protectors for the N1 in anticipation of owning the phone. I have to have V for service reasons as I live in the hills and they are the only ones that get good coverage. I now read that an "Incredible" very similar specs and dimensions to the N1 will be out within two weeks. As long as the phones are released within a couple of weeks of each other as rumored then the difference in timeframe doesn't bother me.

As I see it, the main difference in specs are that the Incredible (dumb name) has 6GB of RAM vs. 512kb for the N1. The Incredible also has an 8mp camera vs. 5mp for the N1. The camera is not a major selling tool for me and I planned to get a 16gb card so the extra RAM isn't that big of a deal either. I know nothing of, if any, benefits to internally built vs. sd card RAM. I do like the optical trackball on the Incredible vs. the one on the N1 as I have had problems with 4 trackballs on my BB Curves in the past because my phone is generally in my pocket. Overall, I think that I would slightly prefer the Incredible over the N1 bascially just because of the trackball issue.

I know that many of you are experts on all of this so my main question is what other factors should I be considering? Thank you in advance for your help and suggestions!

Advertisement
  2. QrafTee

QrafTee Well-Known Member

I thought the specs were:

• 8 megapixel camera with autofocus
    • Memory: 512 MB ROM, 512 MB RAM (320 free to the user)
    • Android 2.1 with HTC’s Sense UI
    • Optical Trackpad
    • 3.7″ WVGA (800

3. Max Johnson

Max Johnson Well-Known Member

http://androidforums.com/htc-incredible/53623-htc-incredible-specs-evergreen.html

I am similar situation as OP. Almost exactly. Phone is always in my pocket plus I work outside so trackball is scary. Loving the extra app memory if that turns out to be the case. Not sure about this friendlist stuff on the sense ui for the incredible. I don't use my twitter as twitter. I use it as an RSS feed for favorite blog/sports writers.

4. Outatime

Outatime Well-Known Member Contributor

I'm in the same boat too. What it will boil down to for me... my NE2 is up in July and I have gotten an invite from VZW to an early upgrade. If that goes down for the N1, I'm in (I prefer the N1's form to the Incredible). If there's some psycho nonsense about me having to wait until July... sorry Google.

5. gavin77

gavin77 Well-Known Member

Ya, I'm trying to decide between these two phones and the Droid. After what the Droid guys are going through with their updates the Nexus One is looking better and better. They're all great phones and I guess the final pricing might come into play when making a decision. I can get a droid pretty cheap right now.....hmmmmm?

6. Smartphone

Smartphone Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

Besides the trackball vs. optical, camera, and internal memory- what differences should one consider between these two phones?

7. QrafTee

Build quality, susceptibility to dust getting under screen, fragile screen, and touch screen sensor... unfortunately, we don't have that information about the HTC Incredible.

8. cwrig

cwrig Well-Known Member

Between the two I would lean to the N1 because it is a google exp phone.

IMHO HTC Sense no longer adds much value. 2.1 provides much of what Sense did natively. Ive seen how long it takes HTC to update phones from 1.5; and Ive seen how quickly google can send OTA fixes to the N1. I suspect the N1 will will get much more frequent updates than the Incredible.

9. QrafTee

True, but software issues can be fixed/updated in other ways to make it work right. Hardware issues (design flaws) cannot be, at least I don't see HTC/Google recalling the Nexus One to fix the known issues.

10. eriku16

eriku16 Active Member

Recalled to fix what???? What kind of design flaws??? You don't even own the phone so stop trolling and go away.

11. jrob007

jrob007 Well-Known Member

I have heard that the screen has multi-touch issues. I don't think it's a complete troll.

12. QrafTee

Accuse me of being a troll one more time on any forum and I'll report you.

There is no conspiracy or anything. These are facts posted by countless people. Those are the flaws in the Nexus One. Don't believe me? Check other Android forums and you'll see. Hell, check the official Google Help forum.

Don't kill the messenger.