N2A card gingerbread vs. Ice cream

1. hsmamato2

hsmamato2 Member

I got the card installed,and tried both systems- I couldn't understand anything in ICS,though it seemed to run smoother....:confused: I mean literally the buttons,interface,nothing made sense to me,I finally gave up after a few days,and started using the 2.3.7 version,a little less smooth,but more understandable to use. Am i missing something obvious? why would the older gingerbread be easier to use?(total noob here)

Advertisement
  2. probbiethe1

probbiethe1 Active Member

I wasnt aware that N2A Cards had a ICS version. I am using N2A cards in both my nook color and nook tablet and absolutely love them but i am using ICS on my phone and I will admit there is a learning curve to it. The reason Google did this is because ICS is the new look of Android and from now on (until they decide to change it again) is how Android will look on both tablets and phones.

Can you share where you got the ICS N2A card from?
  3. hsmamato2

hsmamato2 Member

Oh... so I can continue using the older gingerbread,I hope...lerning curve is putting it mildly,in my case.:rolleyes:
    I can share the seller,maybe in a PM? I don't know if I'm allowed to post it here..
  4. bigdadvrod

bigdadvrod New Member

I got a card on ebay, has both gingerbread and ICS....both work really well....no problems whatsoever. 16 gig, both versions, cost me less than 23 bucks, no tax, no shipping. The guy has over 5,000 feedbacks and NO negatives. He stands behind his stuff. Just an FYI
  5. tube517

tube517 Well-Known Member Contributor

That's good but be careful as sd cards will fail over time. ICS Roms on the NC aren't stable enough for me to keep as a daily. Looks really good though.
  6. dshort2012

dshort2012 New Member

New to Android: looking at the N2A card for my Nook.. however only the old Gingerbread 2.3 seems to be available.. Will Nook work with the ICS... ??

Can I DIY?
  7. tube517

tube517 Well-Known Member Contributor

I don't use the cards as I just rooted my NC and flash new roms if I feel the need to change. They do have CM9 for the NC. You can also get or create a dual boot cm7 (Gingerbread) and cm9(ICS) card