1. 2015 is going to be a great year for Android! Why wait??
    Samsung Galaxy Note 5 | Samsung Galaxy S6 | HTC One M9
  2. New Forum Created: Samsung Gear VR!

N4 signal issues compared to GNex?Support

1. big_mike

big_mike Well-Known Member

i am 100% sure the n4 has some major signal issues compared to my gnex just day to day my kitchen at work (im a chef) and my works office, my living room at home both places i could get signal fine before but now there is no coverage.

carrier is the same, and climate the same literally a different phone.

anyone else?

Advertisement
    :
  2. SiempreTuna

SiempreTuna Well-Known Member

Haven't noticed much difference between the N4 and my previous phone .. Mind you, reception at my place is pretty dire: I might not notice if it was slightly worse.
  3. big_mike

big_mike Well-Known Member

anyone else? :)
  4. MartinS

MartinS Well-Known Member

I switched from a GNex to an N4 and I can't say that the N4 seems worse at all.
  5. SiempreTuna

SiempreTuna Well-Known Member

Could be your carrier is being affected by iOS6!

Don't know if you saw the stories yesterday that Vodafone (biggest network in UK) and a carrier in europe (Holland or Germany?) had SMS'd their iPhone users asking them NOT to upgrade to iOS6 as it was bringing down their networks wherever there was a concentration of upgraded iPhones.

I knew it: IT'S ALL APPLE'S FAULT!! :)
  6. ritchea

ritchea Well-Known Member

I've experienced just the opposite. I rarely had a signal in my house (ST AT&T) with the GNex. The two iPhone 4s's almost always have a signal on the same service. When I first got the N4, I tried my husband's (iphone) micro sim in my phone, and N4 got a better signal than his did. On my GNex, I used to set the phone to 2G so that it would connect to a tower with a better phone signal while I'm at home (have wifi so only need the phone). I don't have to do that with the N4 which is using the cut-down sim from the GNex.
  7. LoyalServant

LoyalServant Well-Known Member

I have noticed that the phone sometimes has trouble bringing up a data connection.
    That's the only issue I have... it reports a better signal compared to my Galaxy Nexus.