• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

N64 Emulator

Just to make one thing completely clear. I don't think anyone is going to expect you to play N64 games using onsceen controls.

Most of the popular N64 games are already being ported to the Wii to use the Classic controller. Anyone with a classic or Datel Retro controller should be able to map the buttons needed to play just fine. Might have to save a control scheme for each game but it will work fine.

Upvote 0
Look This Is To Everyone Who Played More Then Super Mario Or Mario Kart (Great Games, But Still) Thier Were Games Like Perfect Dark, Pokemon Staduim, And The Greatest One In My Book Starcraft!!!
Starcraft Starcraft Starcraft Starcraft Starcraft Starcraft!!!!!!
Point Im Trying To Say Is Dont Leave Out This Game!!! It Will Be The One Game That Will Give Me Withdraws If I Dont Play It ^o^
Also Alot Of Androids Dont Have "Muilt Touch" Like The "Huawei" Can You Not Forget To Add Settings So People Wont Be Left Out (I Dupt Starcraft Will Need Muilt touch) But Perfect Dark Will

Upvote 0
Well, those of us on HTC phones with sense base roms still can't use Bluetooth controllers due to the stack issues. Personally, if it weren't for wonky 4g and not being able to use the front camera, I would run Cyanogen roms just for that, but I use those quite a bit on MY evo. I don't know about everyone else, but I use the video chat through QIK daily with my dad. Being a few hundred miles away, it's about the only real way I can 'see' him until I get farther into my training. After that, I get liberty and what have you, and I'll have my Asus G73Jw laptop, so I may rethink it.

Until then, I'm still butt hurt about not being able to use a Wii controller on my Emu's. :(

Reactions: chianti87
Upvote 0
I am currently working on an N64 emulator that is compatible on devices back to ARM5, and it is currently in early alpha testing. There is a graphics problem with Qualcomm chipsets, so hopefully I will be able to fix that soon. It is limited to devices with GLES2, until I get around to writing a GLES1 video plug-in. If you would like to help out with the testing, visit my website at http://www.paulscode.com

Upvote 0
I am currently working on an N64 emulator that is compatible on devices back to ARM5, and it is currently in early alpha testing. There is a graphics problem with Qualcomm chipsets, so hopefully I will be able to fix that soon. It is limited to devices with GLES2, until I get around to writing a GLES1 video plug-in. If you would like to help out with the testing, visit my website at http://www.paulscode.com

N64 is a tricky wicky system to get working well. Two key games not working very well for ANY emu that exists for any platform is Mario Golf and Tennis.

If a dev gets them working well, I would buy their emu too :)

Upvote 0

Sadly, N64oid is partially closed-source, so you aren't going to be able to compile a usable app from the source code that Yongzh posted on SourceForge. The app was pulled from the Android Market (I suspect it was because he is violating the GPL by not releasing the full sourcecode). You can purchase it, however, from slideme.org market (as long as they don't decide to pull it from that market as well).

Upvote 0
Yes N64oid is the best one atm, 4.99 on the SlideME marketplace, ran classics like Goldeneye and Zelda OoT no problem, minor lags here and there but on a dual-core phone (Bionic or new Razr) would probably be flawless. Has on-screen controls for touch-only devices but even has bluetooth support through Bluez IME for controllers such as the Zeemote, iControlPad and even the Wiimote, hoping they create drivers for the bluetooth keypads soon, such as the Magic-Pro series.
Roms you can find from sites like coolrom.com or the ROMS Plus app on SlideME (for legal purposes I must say please support the game companies, only download if you own or have owned the actual game)

Looking still for a decent PS emu, will post if found..

Paulscode, very interested in your project, will it also have BT support?

Upvote 0
I have just downloaded N64oid to my phone, (Droid Razr) as well as 2 games, (mario 64, and Mario cart). the software launches perfectly. But the problem is with the graphics itself. The characters from Mario cart show up as black cubes, and the trees and many other items from Mario 64 are black triangles. is there anything that i can do to get rid of them, and display the proper things?

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones