N7 vs. M1

1. 1JOD

1JOD Active Member

Do you think the Matrix One can hold its own with the Nexus 7?

Matrix One 7" tablet reviewAndroidGuys

Hands-On With The Matrix One, A $149 Android Tablet

First look at the $99 Matrix One Android tablet | Ars Technica

Pros for the M1: Price and Connectivity(Hdmi, SD card slot, Full size USB) It is about the same size and weight as the N7 but the it doesn't look as sexy.

Pros for the N7: Processor, Display and Jelly Bean.

I am seriously considering the M1 as a portable media device to take with me on vacation or to the gym. I have a Hp touchpad at home that I love but it does not fit in my pocket.

What do you guys think.

Advertisement
    Ortiz750ss likes this.
  2. DanielM426

DanielM426 Well-Known Member

just another crappy chinatab in my opinion. I'd be surprised if that thing lasts more than 3 months. Even if you think that they are an underdog, just like other companies (acer, asus) remember that the a fore mentioned brands initially came out with excellent tabs like the iconia or transformer. First impressions are vital in this market. I actually chuckled at how the VP made the excuse for bad viewing angles.
    I can think of plenty of awkward viewing angles (Under the covers, or propped up on a pillow)
  3. breadnatty08

breadnatty08 pain rustique VIP Member

No Gapps? No sale. As I've heard around a lot of the forums, there are hundreds of these "Chinese" tablets (along with knock off phones). I'd see very little support for these from both the manufacturer and developers.
  4. AntimonyER

AntimonyER AF Addict VIP Member

Hey, I moved this to the Device/Carrier Comparison forum. Thanks for understanding.
  5. cammykool

cammykool Well-Known Member

Give gapps and it looks nice... nexus 7 is pre ordered so...