• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Rooster139

Lurker
Oct 4, 2012
Any of you guys/girls know about these tablets.

Thinking of buying one of these for the kiddies when I'm in the states, but does anyone know........

1: are there any locks on the device which will unable me to use it back home in N Ireland

2: do,they run different operating systems for different countries and if so can you change/alter it.

Don't know much about them, I just want to know if it will work correctly when I get it home.

Cheers:thinking:

I was looking at the Nabi as well for my son (2 1/2), but after comparing those specs and price to the Nexus 7 I'm probably just going to go with the Nexus. Also I think that there is some weird thing with downloading apps with that as well. They have a facebook page, if you ask them on the page they will answer your questions relatively quickly.

Hope that helps

Upvote 0
We've had our Nabi 2 about a week now, and our 8 year old loves it. I would think something like this is more appropriate for a small child, than a Nexus or other 'adult' tablet. It does not use we looked at several reviews for kid-friendly tablets, and decided the extra $50 was worth it (between $150 and $200). On Nabi's website nabi - The everything tablet that grows with you they have a lot of information, including videos of them dropping a Nabi from different heights up to 7 feet versus some other tablets. Something to consider when buying a child's tablet. It does not have the capability for Google Play store. They have their own kid friendly store. You can load the Amazon App store from Amazon's website, in Parent Mode.

Upvote 0
Any of you guys/girls know about these tablets.

Thinking of buying one of these for the kiddies when I'm in the states, but does anyone know........

1: are there any locks on the device which will unable me to use it back home in N Ireland

Will nabi work outside of the United States?

Also the educational content is likely to be very American. Do they have yellow coloured/colored school buses in Northern Ireland? Did you ever watch Sesame Street? :D

2: do,they run different operating systems for different countries and if so can you change/alter it.

No. AFAICT the Nabi is primarily designed for the United States.

Don't know much about them, I just want to know if it will work correctly when I get it home.

Cheers:thinking:

Hopefully my answers have been of help to you. :)

Upvote 0
Hi,

The battery on my nabi 2 needs to be replaced. Does anyone know of anywhere in Ireland or Europe where I can buy spare lithium ion polymer batteries. It's a 3.7 volt 15wh 4000mah battery. The battery number is 5165111n. I searched on google and found some in China but minimum order quantities apply. I found one on eBay with 2 cores however the one I have has 5 cores. What are the extra 3 cores for?

Cheers,

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones