Naked bodyGeneral

Last Updated:

1. birthofahero

birthofahero Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

How many people go no case. I have a screen protector and the red/black gradient case but was wondering if I should go no case. Is it safe out there?

Advertisement
  2. airjordan223

airjordan223 Well-Known Member

I have no case and no screen protector.

I am VERY cautious with the phone and have no scratches or anything (knocks on wood)

Cases make the phone too bulky. They spent all the time making it thin, I'm going to enjoy it :)

3. Outatime

Outatime Well-Known Member Contributor

I don't use a thing. I have a Seidio Spring Holster and the VZW GPS car mount. I don't even have a screen protector. I didn't have one on my Storm either and never had an issue.

That's why I have insurance :D

4. Steven58

Steven58 Reformed PH VIP Member

unwise imo. i've had smarphones for years. bad idea.

GrandMasterB likes this.
  5. sail4fun201

sail4fun201 Well-Known Member

you guys don't even know how disappointed i was when i clicked on this thread and found out it was about a phone

MTC and sontaikle like this.
  6. birthofahero

birthofahero Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

I have and will continue to use a screen protector, however I am curious to the body of the phone. Whats the extent of (for lack of a better word) damage that your Dincs body has received. I mainly just want to know what kind of resistance to shit the body has.

7. contagous

contagous Well-Known Member

+1

8. jasonb1985

jasonb1985 Well-Known Member

i went 5 months with a naked Moto Droid and didn't put a scratch on it, but had a silicon cover for my Inc before i even had the phone. i got a Steinheil screen protector for the Inc once they were available.

i would have had a case on the Droid but i don't see a point to hard cases and they just fly off when the phone hits the ground anyway. obviously the Droid couldn't have a silicon case because it was a slider. i didn't put a screen protector on the droid because the screen was gorilla glass, the Inc i'm not sure what the screen is made out of so i wanted to be safe.

i am very happy with my silicon case and steinheil screen protector combo.

9. Shotgunx1x

Shotgunx1x Well-Known Member

I am using the Verizon silicone case and a screen protector, it's just not worth the risk of dropping the phone and it breaking.

10. ckochinsky125

ckochinsky125 Banned

I use a case because you never know when it is going to drop and i dont want to risk a cracked screen or broken phone. The cases seem to take most of the force and protect the phone.

11. mario8267

mario8267 Well-Known Member

I have Ghost Armour just on the screen and front edges..... its all you will need! And if the ghost armour scratches you get a new one for 5 bucks :)

12. Nurseferatu

Nurseferatu Well-Known Member

I've got a Steinheil antifingerprint screen protector and a red hardshell case.
    I love the screen protector because I never have to clean smears off the screen. And the case? It's designed to break already if dropped on a really hard surface. Twice I've dropped it on floors that would have shattered the phone (a brick floor in an adobe house in New Mexico and a cement floor in a basement). Both times, the shell broke apart and the phone was fine. I snapped the shell back on and kept going. I have the gradient case too. Nice to have a change of clothes :)

13. Nurseferatu

Nurseferatu Well-Known Member

I've got a Steinheil antifingerprint screen protector and a red hardshell case.
    I love the screen protector because I never have to clean smears off the screen. And the case? It's designed to break already if dropped on a really hard surface. Twice I've dropped it on floors that would have shattered the phone (a brick floor in an adobe house in New Mexico and a cement floor in a basement). Both times, the shell broke apart and the phone was fine. I snapped the shell back on and kept going. I have the gradient case too. Nice to have a change of clothes :)

14. Chango99

Chango99 Well-Known Member

I have a crystal screen protector which is virtually not there. Kind of waste of money imo, I don't think I'll ever scratch the screen, but who knows. I only have it because my cousin bought a 2pack and I took the other one. I think the only practical one is the antiglare one. I had one on my iphone. Screen becomes grainy somewhat but the selling point for me is that there are no finger prints or smudges on it. It's also more usable under light.

As for a case, I ordered mine a couple days ago and expect it on the 22nd (fail, thought the order went through amazon prime so i expected it today). Again, I think I would have gone naked but the problem for me is the camera bulges out, so if it balls on it's back, it seems it will hit the most vital spot, which is the camera lens, which I don't want. The case will even out the back.

15. Divine_Madcat

Divine_Madcat Well-Known Member

I have a screen protector right now, and have a Seidio case on pre-order..

16. gidget

gidget Well-Known Member

i've got the extended battery and bigger backside, so i can't do a case (at this point) and i don't think i will, anyhow. i have a screen protector (verizon standard) and will get my invisibleshield on friday (the stock verizon doesn't cover the whole front, just the main part of the screen). i had the moto droid for 6 months, not one scratch on the naked screen, but that was gorilla glass, this is...whatever this is. as for case, if any show up for the extended battery size, maybe i'll consider, but i'm also getting my soundgate m2 car mount today, so looks like i'll have to put the mount disk on the naked backside. that might be that. oh, well.

17. jj3699

jj3699 Well-Known Member

For some odd reason when ever I put a case on my cell phones they always get dropped... I had my LG Dare for 6 or 7 months naked and no problems, then I bought a full body case for it and a week later... drop, case comes off, and phone slides on cement. Similar story with Eris (both were fine afterwards)... but I'm not risking my Incredible, she is staying naked (unless my friend's little cousins play with it then silicone cover comes out :D

18. icedrop

icedrop Member

I never use a case with any of my phones. I think they all make your phone look like crap. Although I do have insurance, and I figure at the very most I will only keep this phone for 2 years. Besides a few dents and dings give your phone some character, right.

19. D_Rock

D_Rock Active Member

I do not use a screen protector or a case. I am Very careful with the phone. The only case I use is a leather pouch so I do not have to put it in my pocket. Like another person said, that is one reason why they have insurance.

20. AdmSuvvuk

AdmSuvvuk Well-Known Member

I had a silicone case on mine when I dropped it and the screen shattered :( This screen WILL scratch though (and shatter obviously!), and it doesn't take much in the right circumstances to scratch it.

NightAngel79 likes this.
  21. gmaellex01

gmaellex01 Well-Known Member

I have a screen protector, but no case. It's been fine so far. I'm always really careful with my phone and I know that the screen breaks easily. I've been taking my time with getting a case because I have insurance and I wanted to wait a little while and see if any really cool cases come out.

I would really like a case that would protect the screen when I put my phone in my pocket. I hate it when the screen protector gets all scratched up; it makes my shiny phone look old and worn.

Also, I'm considering a 3500mAh battery once they come out (just for fun, my battery life is good enough with the stock battery actually).

My perfect case would be a high-gloss black hardshell (or leather? if those exist?), with some sort of removable screen covering device just for when it's in my pocket. I don't want the kind of screen protecting device that you flip back, something that slides on and off would be more fashionable. Something like the coverings on the Batmobile in Batman and Batman Returns, possibly. Or it could work like the front cover on my TI-83.

So, my case wish list:

-Black
    -Remove screen cover
    -High gloss hardshell or leather

22. Crashumbc

Crashumbc Well-Known Member

I don't use a screen protector I use the VZW silicon case though.

I'm a swype user and don't like having anything on the screen.

I personally would have at least one or the other though.

23. NightAngel79

NightAngel79 Bounty Hunter Administrator Moderator

F*n HILARIOUS!!!!!!!!

24. accohn12

accohn12 Well-Known Member

I've had my Incredible since the day before it came out, and I've gone "naked" almost the entire time. I bought the body glove, but barely used it since it's so bulky. I've been careful with it, and nothing's happened. Just got the Innocase and love it for the most part, it provides great protection without virtually any added bulk and has a great feel. I don't like screen protectors because it makes "swiping" the screen not as smooth.

25. neomits

neomits Active Member

Completely naked.