Using protection?

1. NO - bareback all the way

53.9%
  2. YES - safer sex is better sex

46.1%

Last Updated:

1. jeffdlb

jeffdlb Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

I'm looking forward to the Evo, and debating whether to keep it "naked" (only a screen protector) like my Centro or get a leather flip case like the ones I used on previous Palm PDAs. I like the idea of the additional protection, but the Evo is already rather large. I keep my phone in my pocket and have occasionally dropped it.

How are you planning to protect your phone?

Advertisement
  2. sag7392

sag7392 Well-Known Member

Well I never ever leave my devices naked. My current device, the BB 8900 is in a Seido case, which has been extremely protective from drops (and they have a nice holder as well). But, I'm debating which case to go with on the EVO though. It's between a Seido and the Invisible Shield...as soon as they make one. On the screen protector, I'm going with a privacy screen protector from Clarivue...as soon as they make one too. The privacy screen protector freaks people out...I've been asked if I was doing anything, because from their vantage point, my screen appeared to be black, lol.

3. acp

acp Well-Known Member

I'm definitely going to look into doing an invisible shield, it will be my first one.. I'm just so tired of cases for phones, I bought the thing because it's FKN SEXY, so I want to enjoy it.

4. SprintFun

SprintFun VIP Member VIP Member

Doing an invisible shield and goin nakey.

Sassy_Lina likes this.
  5. dkotoric

dkotoric Well-Known Member

well I never ever put anything on my devices I like to keep them naked but then again I have used smart phones for the last 8 years or so and have never droped one so I'm pretty good at keeping good care of mine.

6. SoFLO

SoFLO Guest

I still haven't decided yet...TBD lol.

7. dandm4life

dandm4life Well-Known Member

I plan on buying a case and a screen protector. With a 4.3 inch screen I think the case will help give it some more strength in case it gets flexed in my pocket.

8. tp2386

tp2386 Well-Known Member

either invisible shield or phantom skinz for me. I also will probably use a holster for the first time. I think the screen is too large to be in my pocket.

9. chum1600

chum1600 Well-Known Member

I will use a screen protector and an otterbox case when they come out. I run a kitchen and it never fails that I drop my phone on the hard tile floor all the time. I use to break phones constantly until I got the otterbox case. I have not broke a phone since buying this case.

I would hate to get this phone and then have something happen to it.

Sir Loin and Stolirocks like this.
  10. legacy

legacy Well-Known Member

Usually go naked, but I may get a screen protector since that's a LOT of screen. :)

11. Tiako

Tiako Well-Known Member

I will prob put one of the cheap screen protectors and a case.

12. esone1ll

esone1ll Well-Known Member

Definitely the Invisible Shield. I used them for years, and then I went rogue with my Pre...and then I dropped it and scratched the screen ALL UP.

Regarding the back of the phone...I'm not sure. Probably naked on the back, covered in the front (Hollywood Style).

13. drksilenc

drksilenc Well-Known Member

invis shield and a bodyglove case which sprint will prbly have in stock cause thats who they use for there case company 25% discount and all that who knows it may come with a screen cover like alot of the htc phones do

14. Ilya

Ilya Well-Known Member

Is this Zagg thing good?

I got it for me Pre and the fitment was utter CRAP. I threw it out within 5 minutes of trying to apply it.

15. drksilenc

drksilenc Well-Known Member

the only thing i use from zagg is there screen cover. i tried to do a full body one but i got pissed off and threw it away aswell. if it sticks to itself good luck lol

16. esone1ll

esone1ll Well-Known Member

Weird. I have ZAGG on all my devices (Zune HD, camera, etc), and it is always worth the money.

17. hyabusha

hyabusha Active Member

Anyone plan on using the kickstand? I don't think I've seen a case with the kickstand In mind. I'll get a screen protector, and I'll wait to see how the kickstand case works out.

18. sag7392

I'm really leaning toward the Invisible Shield right now. The EVO is one device I kind of want people to see. So for those who have used it, is it easy to put on and how protective is it really? And Seido will most likely have a non-Seido case holder for the EVO, so I'll be good there.

19. sag7392

I'm thinking that most case makers, will have a case that will allow you to use the kickstand...I hope.

20. reallynotnick

reallynotnick Well-Known Member

I will probably go protection-less, that's just how I roll.

house likes this.
  21. Tasmin

Tasmin Well-Known Member

I am constantly arguing with myself over this. I'm a klutz, but I like being able to fit my phone in my pocket. Of course, I have a feeling that girly pants + biggest screen ever does not = happy phone or happy pants. I'm probably going to have to go back to a holster, also looking at Otterbox. Screen protector is a definite either way.

22. neodorian

neodorian Well-Known Member

I usually just do a screen protector but I am not sure about this. I was planning on just that and nothing else but then last month I messed my iTouch right up from having it in my pocket despite the protector.

Actually now that I think about it I will prob just do the protector for this too. I just need to be more careful and not lean against a table or whatever when I'm drunk and have a big glass screen in my pocket.

Alternately I might get some kind of gel skin since those are thin and give it some bounce in case of a drop.

Just trying to compromise between size and safety. Those big-ass cases are too bulky and I feel like a tool when I use a holster or a clip.

23. neodorian

neodorian Well-Known Member

I usually just do a screen protector but I am not sure about this. I was planning on just that and nothing else but then last month I messed my iTouch right up from having it in my pocket despite the protector.

Actually now that I think about it I will prob just do the protector for this too. I just need to be more careful and not lean against a table or whatever when I'm drunk and have a big glass screen in my pocket.

Alternately I might get some kind of gel skin since those are thin and give it some bounce in case of a drop.

Just trying to compromise between size and safety. Those big-ass cases are too bulky and I feel like a tool when I use a holster or a clip.

24. hitekalex

hitekalex Well-Known Member

Naked for sure. No need to add bulk and ruin the Evo's pure beauty covering it in some ugly case.. Screen protectors are a waste with modern scratch-resistant screens.

Just follow these two simple rules, and your phone will be fine :

1. Carry the phone in an empty pants or suit pocket (don't keep in the same pocket as keys etc!)
    2. Don't drop your phone

house likes this.
  25. Orion

Orion Well-Known Member

I'm going to use a screen protector. I'll get a skin as well as a holster case. I may not use the skin because the EVO looks awesome but it will be good to have. This thing is going to be treated like a new born baby.

Sir Loin likes this.