Nakid pics showing up - help me please

1. paertnershipdriod

paertnershipdriod Active Member

When I receive and email with an attachment, it could be an excel spreadsheet, word doc or PDF there is a small thumbnail picture that shows in the open/save box. Lately the picture has been a nakid woman. These pictures and not stored on my phone. I am not sure where they are coming from. I use this phone for business and I am concerned that these pics are showing up in emails that I send to my customers. What is going on? Anyone else having this happen? I don't want to get rid of the phone but I cannot risk this happening. Any help please????

Advertisement
    :
  2. ravenzero

ravenzero Active Member

I am sorry but that is Funny!

Have you tried clearing your mail cache?

Settings> Applications> Manage Applications> find your mail application and open it, hit the CLEAR CACHE button.
  3. cableguynoe

cableguynoe Well-Known Member

What i would give to have your problems for a day:D
  4. Lock-N-Load

Lock-N-Load Well-Known Member

can you post the photo please, that might help solve the issue :)
  5. dougwilson2000

dougwilson2000 Well-Known Member

Send me a sample to my gmail and will see what I can do.lol
  6. jmt9779

jmt9779 Well-Known Member

agreed. i mean, who wouldn't want mandatory boobies on every email received? it'd be revolutionary! (denis leary even has an old bit about using boobies to finally achieve peace on earth.)

seriously though, it's his work phone, so he could catch some gruff for it, even if it happens to be a virus...

i don't really have an elegant solution for you... if the clear cache thing doesnt work, maybe back everything up and do a factory wipe?
  7. paertnershipdriod

Clearing the cache has seemed to work. Is there a way to lower the amount of cache space available. Also how do I disconnect the cache from the thumbnail pictures. With the cache cleared the little droid image shows up.

So this is saving pictures that folks send me and then using them as thumbnail pice at random. Very cleaver of the Droid -- Droid Does!!
  8. rdsok

rdsok Well-Known Member

It isn't the droid doing this on its own... it has to be related to something you have done yourself... I just can't imagine what that was
  9. Highland Ranger

Highland Ranger Well-Known Member

are you using k-9 mail? I noticed the same thing - it will show the wrong image with the attachment, usually an image you received just not the right one.

Unfortunately unlike you I have no boobies on tap . . . .
  10. cableguynoe

cableguynoe Well-Known Member

I can
  11. paertnershipdriod

Yes I am using k-9 mail. Is there a setting within k-9 mail that connects the thumbnail pics with anything? Fortunately I have lots of folks that send me pics of boobies. I don't open any of those emails on the phone just delete them. So it surprised me when they connected.