• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Nand backup/restore from recovery

boblobla

Jan 21, 2010
Hi. Just wondering if I flash to latest ROM, will restoring from earlier NAND backup restore all apps, files, etc, only OR will it also restore the phone to the earlier ROM also? If this is the case then one could not use NAND restore after updated to new ROM, unless something bad happened and they needed to go back to the earlier working ROM, correct? Thanks!

Hi. Just wondering if I flash to latest ROM, will restoring from earlier NAND backup restore all apps, files, etc, only OR will it also restore the phone to the earlier ROM also? If this is the case then one could not use NAND restore after updated to new ROM, unless something bad happened and they needed to go back to the earlier working ROM, correct? Thanks!

A NAND restore will return the phone back to where it was when the backup was created. Make sure when you back it up you shoose NAND +ext if you have apps on your SD card

Upvote 0
A NAND restore will return the phone back to where it was when the backup was created. Make sure when you back it up you shoose NAND +ext if you have apps on your SD card

So I'm hosed as far as getting my apps back? Cuz I updated to latest version of ROM and want my phone setup like I'd had it previously since I did a full wipe.

Thanks.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones