• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root Nandoid / Titanium Backup question

Finally I'm rooted using the unrevoked tool. I just couldn't hold out for the official orange branded rubbish. Anyway, I'm on Neophyte's v5.2 rom at the moment. Just a couple of questions.

1) Using Titanium backup, how do I re-install all my apps without re-installing the Orange stuff?

2) If I want to flash a different rom, what backups do I need to do?

3) Can some tell me how to install e.g circle percentage icon in the notifacation bar?

4) Are all my Sms deleted, or can they be found on Titanium. If so, what name is it stored as?

Thanks Guys

1) select restore & then select which apps you would like to restore manually to avoid getting the ones you don't want.

2) select the apps you want to save manually if you want loads of control over which apps you want.

3) place the battery mod zip on your sd card, then using the root menu install it like you did your rom but don't wipe anything.

4) your sms messages are saved if you did a batch backup of all apps & data, not sure what it would be called though

Upvote 0
Thanks Anoniemouse. I now flashed it with Neophyte v.1.7. with the super circle battery icon. If I wanted to remove the icon sometime, how would I do that? I also found my sms's on Titanium.

What other icons and modifications are there for this rom? Can I use icons and stuff from other roms?

The only way to remove the battery circle mod is to reinstall the rom.
You can always get other launchers from market place to change things a bit.

Upvote 0
So, a question - is using the backup function in ROM Manager the same as performing a nandroid backup?

If so, how do I access it the Recovery? Last time I went into recovery, none of my backups from ROM Manager showed up. The only way I could see them was to go into ROM Manager. Is it simply a matter of moving it to the right directory?

Is there a better way to go about creating backups or?

Sorry if this is a stupid question.

Tim

Upvote 0
So, a question - is using the backup function in ROM Manager the same as performing a nandroid backup?

If so, how do I access it the Recovery? Last time I went into recovery, none of my backups from ROM Manager showed up. The only way I could see them was to go into ROM Manager. Is it simply a matter of moving it to the right directory?

Is there a better way to go about creating backups or?

Sorry if this is a stupid question.

Tim

The backups in rom manager are similar to nandroid, think of rom manager as like a remote control for the root menu

Reactions: Pojken
Upvote 0
So, if I needed the nandroid backup during the recovery (ex, my phone is stuck in a boot loop, so I can only get to the recovery screen), where should I place it?

For example, I needed to reflash Defrost 2.6a after I messed it up and got stuck in the boot loop. I couldn't find it until I moved it to the SD card's root folder. Is that where I need to place the nandroid backups?

Thanks again,

Tim

Upvote 0
So, if I needed the nandroid backup during the recovery (ex, my phone is stuck in a boot loop, so I can only get to the recovery screen), where should I place it?

For example, I needed to reflash Defrost 2.6a after I messed it up and got stuck in the boot loop. I couldn't find it until I moved it to the SD card's root folder. Is that where I need to place the nandroid backups?

Thanks again,

Tim

The backups are usually in a folder called back up, but if you get a problem with your phone & the recovery doesn't see the folders i can't see any reason not to move them if needed to the sd card its self.
Only do this though as a last resort always best to leave them in the naturally intended folder.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones