• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root Nandroid Back up

darkworld260

Jan 21, 2011
so i decided to do a 3rd back up because at this point i have my phone just how i want to so i went to backup in the recovery menu and heres what i said
Backing up boot…
Backing up recovery…
Backing up system…
Backing up data…
Backing up .android_secure…
Skipped .android_Secure couldnt save
something like that any ideas why it couldnt save that and is that an issue on my previous back ups it never said that from what i can remember. i looked around and didnt see any others having this problem.

1) I'm going to guess that's CW. Not that you necessarily want to switch recoveries just for this, but have you tried flashing RA and trying a nandroid backup?
2) Have you tried just deleting that particular backup (just to save space), then trying again?
3) Have you installed any apps or moved any apps to the sdcard since your last backup (this concerns .android_secure directly)?

Upvote 0
Hm, could have just been a fluke. It happens. That message about sd-ext is normal. Basically, you can make an ext partition on your sdcard. The purpose is to use something like a2sd to move all your apps to the sdcard. Making it an ext partition is necessary because it needs to be a native linux partition type. Since you've obviously never made one, it just skips that part. It's normal; just ignore it.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones