Nandroid Backup Folder Names

Last Updated:

1. brocja01

brocja01 Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

Just a little FYI, you may all know this but I sure didn't. After you get done doing a nandroid backup, and you go in with an application like Astro, make sure there aren't any spaces in the folder name. Nandroid does not like that. Took a backup, tried a different ROM, didn't like it so went to go and restore my backup, wouldn't restore. It wouldn't get by the MD5 sum check. I just happened to notice there was a space in the name, mounted the memory card, removed the space, rebooted back into recovery and attempted to to the restore again, and success. Just a little tidbit of information I ran into first hand.

Advertisement
  2. messenger13

messenger13 Well-Known Member

Yep...

3. inssane

inssane Well-Known Member

I will feed off of Joe's sarcasm and say, ummm...yeaaaaaaaah.

In ROM Manager you can just click the backup function and name it what you want from the start. No problems restoring.
    Also, the numbers that nandroid automatically uses are half decipherable as the date is buried in there.

4. G.Armour

G.Armour You know you want to. VIP Member

Wow

Sent from my Droid using Tapatalk

5. LaZeR

LaZeR Well-Known Member

Ok, I just did my first ever nandroid backup. Seems to go fine but now I go into the SDcard and cannot locate it to see what filename it is? :confused:

Oops. Google sent me to the Droid forum instead of Droid X : would the location I ask about still be the same on the Droid X?