NANdroid backup help?Support

Last Updated:

1. arsen

arsen Member This Topic's Starter

how would i go about doing a backup.

can someone give me a step by step with everything im going to need.

Thanx guys

Advertisement
  2. hortstu

hortstu Well-Known Member

I'm curious about this same question. I'm doing my research, getting ready to root, and from what I'm reading it seems that the first step is doing a nandroid backup so that I can flash back to where my EVO is today in the event that I need to... Do I have this right?

So how do I do this, any links or step by steps will be appreciated and thanked.

edit: I'd also like to make a copy of this on my ubuntu computer. I assume that's just a matter of copying/ dragging the sd card to a file?

3. Aspenator

Aspenator Active Member

Curious as well. I don't understand the terminology, I wanted to root and make a backup with Ti, but then I read these steps to make a nandroid backup, which isn't a backup program, but seems to be the type of backup.

4. Rhiannon224

Rhiannon224 Well-Known Member

This should be moved to the everything root area of the forum. Nandroid backups are not the same as titanium backups. You need to be rooted to do this. Get ROM Manager from the market. Once you install this it will ask to be granted su permission. ClockworkMod recovery is within ROM Manager that is where you will find Nandroid backup. Go over to the Xda website look under Samsung Captivate, in the android developement section, then look for the ClockworkMod thread it is stickied there. Read before doing anything, everyone should study those forums and learn as much as possible before doing anything crazy with their device.

5. NightAngel79

NightAngel79 Bounty Hunter Administrator Moderator

moved to support section