• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root Nandroid Backup Problems

bamaredwingsfan

Android Enthusiast
Nov 16, 2009
Cullman, AL
twitter.com
I recently copied my SD card to my PC for backup purposes. I used the format and partition SD card tool in rom manager. I was wanting to store some of my apps on the sd so i wouldn't have to keep downloading them after a rom switch. Here is where my problem comes in. After i format and create the partition i think. I tried to copy over my nandroid backups from my pc back to my sd card. It won't let me copy them back, it keeps giving me errors saying that i can't move those types of files.:mad: Any ideas as to what i need to do?

just curious... why did you format and partition manually? isn't that automatically done when you first move an app... it just does it for you, no?

I moved an app over just to test last week, it moved, it still works, and Droid shows in app manager that the app is on the card but I cannot find it on the SD card and someone else eluded to the fact that 2.2 will partition the card so I assume it must have done it automatically and hides the partition.

anyway... sorry, no answer for you. but I did not use ROM Manager to do any of this for moving apps.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones