nandroid backup restore time?

Last Updated:

1. ktmdavid229

ktmdavid229 Member This Topic's Starter

IM trying to restore my latest nandroid file because i was having issues with the cm6 rom and not reading my sd card. so im trying to return to my last backup and then im going to reinstall the cm6 rom. but ive been sitting on my htc incredible load screen for some time now after rebooting with the backup. is this normal?

Advertisement
  2. ktmdavid229

help please. ive tried restoring twice now and still wont load past "htc incredible" screen.

3. Diabl0

Diabl0 Well-Known Member

Well once you reboot after restoring your backup, the backup is already installed correct? Do a battery pull and try to boot it up again? I don't know what else to tell you.

Find the stock ROM that's floating around, and install that instead?

You did wipe the phone and the cache right?

4. ktmdavid229

i went through rom manager for the install. ive got the donate version so it did it all automatically when i installed the rom. am i suppose to wipe the data and cache then restore the nand i want to restore?

5. ktmdavid229

ANYONE ELSE?!?! i need help

6. ktmdavid229

ok so ive gone back to a older nand then the one i was trying to use. this one got me to the verizon wireless screen...

7. iowabowtech

iowabowtech root@android:/ #

So you're pulling the battery and using vol + power to enter recovery and then clockwork mod? Then choosing a restore from there? And it still isn't working?

8. iowabowtech

iowabowtech root@android:/ #

Did you get it? How was your battery life going into all this if you can recall? It's very odd you can't get a nand restore to execute and allow proper boot especially on mulitple tries.

9. Diabl0

Diabl0 Well-Known Member

Yes you are supposed to wipe the cache and data before you restore. If rom manager isn't cutting it do it the other way by using the clockwork mod like iowa said.

10. ktmdavid229

yeah i did that and still wasnt working. i think something was missing or corrupt in that nand i was using. i reverted back to the first one i made and it worked fine. really weird. but i thought for awhile i had done something very wrong and caused issues. but all good now