1. 2015 is going to be a great year for Android! Why wait??
    Samsung Galaxy Note 5 | Samsung Galaxy S6 | HTC One M9
  2. New Forum Created: Samsung Gear VR!

Nandroid not working

1. Sydney99

Sydney99 Well-Known Member

After having a bash at the Fox hound Rom early today, I tried to restore my Nandroid. Got a message that md5 was corrupt or something along those lines.

Now my Nandroid manager app that checks the md5 sum says it's fine. My Nandroid files show up fine in Orange back up, Nandroid manager and Rom manager. But when I boot into philz recovery it can never find the files.

Any clues where I'm going wrong?

Advertisement
    :
  2. Hawker

Hawker Well-Known Member

Obvious one I know butty, but are you sure you are looking in the correct location Syd?
    ie. Internal/external SD card?

backups go to:
    /sdcard/clockworkmod/backup (internal) or
    /storage/extSdCard/clockworkmod/backup (external)

Philz backs up to internal unless specifically chosen backup to external.
    Sydney99 likes this.
  3. Sydney99

Cheers Hawker. I think my problem was a jumbled up and incoherent account of 2 problems, one of which you've now solved by pointing out a school boy error.

problem 1 that Nandroid file was not being found was indeed due to the fact the file was in the wrong place!!

problem 2 the second mystery is the Nandroid file that was in the right place, but which philz is telling me the md5 ain't right, even though when I check it, it is! Perhaps it was just a corrupt back up file. I'll try again....
  4. sntaylor

sntaylor Well-Known Member Contributor

Have you updated recovery since creating the backup? If so maybe it's an error between versions of recovery as I think I had a similar issue....
    Sydney99 likes this.
  5. Sydney99

Don't think so but maybe.....

I think looking back have had a string of Nandroid issues not going to plan, and have just thought it's all part of the same thing, which it isn't!

Gonna just redo and test properly tomorrow.

Thanks for help boys
  6. ironass

ironass Well-Known Member

:vamp:
  7. Sydney99

Oh behave.....get back to the cheese rolling old boy