Nandroid or Titanium Backup?

1. mrjerryk

mrjerryk Well-Known Member

Which backup method is better Nandroid or Titanium backup? I was following a guide for Nandroid but when I use DroidRootTools and try and download the tools I get an error saying the file type is not supported. So I get Titanium Backup. Which one is better? Should I try and find a way to setup Nandroid?

Thanks guys.

Advertisement
  2. cggorman

cggorman Well-Known Member

They do different jobs. Use Both.
  3. mhome

mhome Well-Known Member

Different applications for each.

Nandroid creates a complete copy of the image of your ROM and stores in on your sdcard.

TB backups individual items within your ROM (applications, bookmarks, etc). This is typically used when you have to install a new ROM and have to wipe data before doing so. Once the new ROM is installed (which won't have all your prefered apps and settings) you can use the backups made with TB to restore without having to download from market again. Need to be careful though when restoring data/system settings, as they could cause a conflict when switching from one ROM to another.
    esmith818 likes this.
  4. cggorman

cggorman Well-Known Member

That's what I said. lol :leaving:
  5. GorillaTheHutt

GorillaTheHutt Well-Known Member

have you ever actually had such a conflict? i'm always worried about it, but in all these months of frequent ROM switching, i've always just restored all settings and not had conflicts.
  6. ska.t73

ska.t73 Well-Known Member

It can happen when you install some of the system settings... as a rule of thumb the ones that are green are safe to restore...
  7. mrjerryk

OK. I will see what I can find so I can install Nandroid. Not sure why it won't let me download the tools though.
  8. mrjerryk

ok, it's letting me download the file now.