1. 2015 is going to be a great year for Android! Why wait??
    Samsung Galaxy Note 5 | Samsung Galaxy S6 | HTC One M9
  2. New Forum Created: Samsung Gear VR!

NANDROID Recovery on ROM Manager-- Does it really work?

1. apow465

apow465 Member

I've just rooted my Phoenix (on 2.2.2). I haven't flashed a single custom ROM yet, because I have heard that flashing a new ROM wipes your phone. I did a NANDROID Optimus V backup through ROM manager, and it is supposed to back up everything. But I have a ton of music and photos on my SD card that I do NOT want to lose. I don't wan't to pay for Titanium Media Backup, so I was wondering if a ROM flash would even affect anything on the SD card, or if I should move all of my files to my computer first, or simply trust the NANDROID back up. I am new to this forum and came here to get a bunch of help with rooting. Please give me some assistance! I'm not planning on making a single move until I am 100% sure this won't screw up my phone. I am totally new to the rooting world and could use all the help I can get. Thanks!!!!!

Advertisement
    :
  2. El Presidente

El Presidente Beware The Milky Pirate! Moderator

Whilst flashing a new ROM will wipe your phone, it doesn't generally touch stuff on the SD Card so that will be safe. If you want to be doubly safe, there's no harm in backing stuff up to the PC anyway.

When you say you did a nandroid Optimus V backup through ROM Manager, what exactly does that mean? A Nandroid backup is a snapshot of your phone at the time the phone was backed up, to be applied if anything goes wrong with a ROM flash. If it's an Optimus V backup, I suspect it wouldn't play nicely with your Pheonix (it might even brick it).
    apow465 likes this.
  3. apow465

apow465 Member

Brick? Crap... do you suggest any other sort of thing like a back up? I just thought it would work because the optimus v and the Phoenix are practically the same exact phone...
  4. El Presidente

How did you get the Optimus V backup?

Do you have ROM Manager on your phone at the moment? I can't see that as a supported phone on the clockworkmod website?
  5. apow465

apow465 Member

Yes I have clockwork mod on my phone right now. I simply said that I wanted to do a back up cordoned recovery thing, and of gave me a list of options for models, and the optimistic v was the only one that was relevant.
  6. El Presidente

Ah, ok. Once you clicked backup it booted in to clockwork and backed stuff up aye?