Root nandroid restore, after clockwork installation?

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by runLoganrun, Jun 7, 2010.

1. runLoganrun

runLoganrun Well-Known Member

Nov 28, 2009
    Hi,

I have a nandroid backup that I want to restore, which is just post root, as I am having probs flashing roms now, and want to redo it from that state.

If I have Clockwork Mod installed already, how do I use one of the original nandroid backups as now in recovery nandroid points to clockwork folder.

thanks,
    rlr

Advertisement
  2. OMJ

OMJ Bazinga
    VIP Member

Nov 27, 2009
    Finance
    Pennsylvania
    before I can help something needs clarification. Is the nandroid backup you are talking about from SPRecovery or from Clockwork recovery?

3. runLoganrun

runLoganrun Well-Known Member

Nov 28, 2009
    Hey, Thanks!
    yes, actually, when i first rooted phone, i had installed sprecovery, and wasnt clear on if the backup was a native process, or was from SPrecovery.

The phone will not accept any new roms now, wanted to try Steam rom, but no matter what i do, even factory reset, i still get NexBeast rom ( which is great), and even my apps stay installed.

Thanks again,
    rlr

4. johnlgalt

johnlgalt Antidisestablishmentarian
    VIP Member

Oct 28, 2009
    Male
    Graduate Research Assitant | That part time IT guy
    3rd Rock
    Since the backup is your phones original ROM, you probably used SPRecovery - and you'll have to use it again to restore it.

If you have ROM Manager, it can flash SPRecovery on your phone.

BTW - are you wiping system data cache & boot before installing a new ROM? When restoring another Nandroid, it is taking like 10 seconds or like 4 minutes? If it takes 10 seconds and reboots, it's not ever flashing the ROM in the first place - which means you have to go back and take a look at how you're extracting the ROMs onto your phone....

5. OMJ

OMJ Bazinga
    VIP Member

Nov 27, 2009
    Finance
    Pennsylvania
    sorry I never saw your response. Its sounds like something is wrong with your clockwork. I would reflash it.

Have you tried this stuff manually in recovery or just in rom manager?
    Are you even able to boot into recovery?