nandroid restore, after clockwork installation?

Last Updated:

1. runLoganrun

runLoganrun Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

Hi,

I have a nandroid backup that I want to restore, which is just post root, as I am having probs flashing roms now, and want to redo it from that state.

If I have Clockwork Mod installed already, how do I use one of the original nandroid backups as now in recovery nandroid points to clockwork folder.

thanks,
    rlr

Advertisement
  2. OMJ

OMJ Bazinga VIP Member

before I can help something needs clarification. Is the nandroid backup you are talking about from SPRecovery or from Clockwork recovery?

3. runLoganrun

runLoganrun Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

Hey, Thanks!
    yes, actually, when i first rooted phone, i had installed sprecovery, and wasnt clear on if the backup was a native process, or was from SPrecovery.

The phone will not accept any new roms now, wanted to try Steam rom, but no matter what i do, even factory reset, i still get NexBeast rom ( which is great), and even my apps stay installed.

Thanks again,
    rlr

4. johnlgalt

johnlgalt Antidisestablishmentarian VIP Member

Since the backup is your phones original ROM, you probably used SPRecovery - and you'll have to use it again to restore it.

If you have ROM Manager, it can flash SPRecovery on your phone.

BTW - are you wiping system data cache & boot before installing a new ROM? When restoring another Nandroid, it is taking like 10 seconds or like 4 minutes? If it takes 10 seconds and reboots, it's not ever flashing the ROM in the first place - which means you have to go back and take a look at how you're extracting the ROMs onto your phone....

5. OMJ

OMJ Bazinga VIP Member

sorry I never saw your response. Its sounds like something is wrong with your clockwork. I would reflash it.

Have you tried this stuff manually in recovery or just in rom manager?
    Are you even able to boot into recovery?