Nandroid

Last Updated:

1. BigMace23

BigMace23 Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

Hi everyone... I was wondering if anyone knew of a way to do nandroid backups without losing all of your settings and apps. With all the ROM's floating around I feel like i'm doing nandroid updates every day and also losing all my settings too... Is there a way around this?

Advertisement
  2. messenger13

messenger13 Well-Known Member

First off, it's not the nandroid backup that's causing you to lose your data, it's the installing of the new ROM. I know, I know ... semantics. Just sayin'...

Before installing a new ROM, you should always do a FULL nandroid backup. After installing the new ROM, you could go back and do a nandroid restore of JUST the data from your last backup. In other words, perform an "advanced restore" and make sure that there's only an asterisk next to the Data parameter.

Make sense?

One caveat though. Not all ROMs are created equally. Sometimes the Data partition of your old ROM is not compatible with the new ROM. This results in wacky behavior, and sometimes an infinite loop upon boot up.

3. Icedemon

Icedemon Well-Known Member

BB 7.4 don't have a folder inside when I extract it. Usually when I did Nandroid restores there would be one folder in there to drop on the SD card in the Nandroid folder. This is not the case now. What part goes into the folder now?

4. BigMace23

BigMace23 Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

Thanks for the help joe... but if I am just say upgrading versions of bugless beast this should work right?