Nanowire holds 10X than Lithium-Ion battery

Last Updated:

1. PhantomTrace

PhantomTrace Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

Nanowire battery can hold 10 times the charge of existing lithium-ion battery....

"A laptop that now runs on battery for two hours could operate for 20 hours, a boon to ocean-hopping business travelers."

I think I am pressing my luck and stating that maybe someone/manufacturer should look into this concept. ( Yes for the G1 ) but I wouldnt be greedy and say only the G1.
    -I will be further looking into more details on this.

Link-Link

Advertisement
  2. freedomflyer

freedomflyer Well-Known Member

That sounds awesome! But, sadly, as we all know, to get this stuff to market and pass all the FCC foo-fah takes absolute ages. I remember reading about a Toshiba lithium-ion battery that was capable of a ~80% charge in under a minute, and they said it would be out early 2007ish, and it's just now actually being officially announced and a product will use it within a year. So, hopefully they find a way to get this tech to market, because daddy like!

3. kamzalian

kamzalian New Member

Is it really worth waiting for? I mean this Andriod driven mobile phone.

4. freedomflyer

freedomflyer Well-Known Member

Well, I wasn't really saying I'd "wait for it" or anything like that. I was just saying that i'm for sure looking forward to the battery, and if I knew a specific release date, and it was a few months in the future, I would definatley wait for it.

5. drustvold

drustvold Well-Known Member

Forget phones, with a batterie like that you could power a car.