NASCAR update broken -wtf?

Last Updated:

1. MrGadget256

MrGadget256 Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

Unlike some people, I actually like the NASCAR app. But it just did an update and now the app will not work. Sent in a reply to the email for support and got 1 quick response but nothing after that. Anyone else have the NASCAR app tell you to update, but when you get it, it won't work?

PS I'm using a Samsung Moment, If you couldn't tell from my profile. :D

Advertisement
  2. April_Fool_79

April_Fool_79 Well-Known Member

I've got the Hero, and haven't had any problems. I streamed the radio broadcast and watched the driver graphics for the Shootout last weekend and the Duels on Thursday with no problem, and am planning on using it for the 500 today (I'll be working when it starts, booo). What error message are you getting? Are you using a Wi-Fi connection, or the Sprint data signal? Have you gotten the Moment software update yet?

3. MrGadget256

MrGadget256 Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

Latest update, just using the cell connection. I got the update message when I tried to use the app last night. Several other people have the same problem in the Samsung Moment section.

4. April_Fool_79

Are you getting an error message when you try to launch it? If not, what does it do? I don't see any known issues with it, but I'll head over to the Moment forums as well to see what problems other are having.

5. RobAGD

RobAGD Well-Known Member

The Nascar App took a huge dump on me today. Said there was an update installed the update and its now pooched.

Is there a way to force it to reload the app or update ?

-R

6. rgss06

rgss06 Active Member

I did the update yesterday,HTC Hero,I can't get anywhere with the driver pick to win portion of it. It just shows terms and conditions and I can't go anywhere to pick. Also emailed them,got the same response as you, maybe hear something today from them.

7. forty9er

forty9er Active Member

I did the last update (last week sometime) and now when I go to open the app, it just get's stuck on the main loading screen.

8. mysticmead

mysticmead Well-Known Member

mine stuck at the loading screen and so did my wife's (mine is a Hero hers is a moment)... until I turned off WiFi.. then it worked on both...

9. April_Fool_79

I haven't had any problems with mine, or heard from anyone here with the problems either, so I'm really at a loss for what could be causing this. Except maybe if you're trying to access it during race time there may be too many users? I know this happens with the app on NASCAR.com sometimes.

10. forty9er

forty9er Active Member

Tried this with no luck. I actually got pasted the loading screen, but then the app Force Closes.

11. RobAGD

RobAGD Well-Known Member

i find it weird that there is no way to kind of force an update on the built in apps.

-R

12. April_Fool_79

I just tried it again on my phone, both with the Wi-Fi and with the Sprint data connections, and both worked with no problems (the update was done a few weeks ago on my phone). Didn't try to watch any videos, but viewed the pictures from last weekend's race, and news updates. The "Win VIP Access" image at the bottom didn't load for me, though. Just put up the NSCS logo (with the little "working" thing making left hand turns, notice LOL :) ), then got a request timeout. I'll double check tomorrow, but I don't think I've seen anything about a problem listed.

Have you tried a soft or hard reset then updating it again? That's about the only other thing I can think of off the top of my head.