1. 2015 is going to be a great year for Android! Why wait??
    Samsung Galaxy Note 5 | Samsung Galaxy S6 | HTC One M9
  2. New Forum Created: Samsung Gear VR!

Natigation switched off when I enter addressSupport

1. Hoorgi

Hoorgi Member

Any suggestions?

Advertisement
    :
  2. Hadron

Hadron Well-Known Member Contributor

A little more information might help. Are you saying that the app exited when you entered the address, or crashed (force close), or the phone shut down? Does it do this repeatedly, for all addresses? Has the app been updated recently? Was it working previously? What system software/ROM are you running?
  3. Hoorgi

Hoorgi Member

Thanks for the response. The app exits when I enter any address by any means. It takes me back to my android home screen. It does this repeatedly. The app been has not been updated recently/at all. I am a little unsure how I stand with this, as it was a pre-loaded app. It worked like a dream previously and I was starting to rely on it. I am running the HTC Desire preloaded android software that came loaded when I bought the phone in Jan 11.

It may not be a coincidence that my 'Maps' app will not open at all now.

If you can help that would be great.

Regards

Paul
  4. Tyseyh

Tyseyh Well-Known Member

Try clearing its cache.
  5. Hadron

^this.

If that doesn't work, you could try to uninstall updates to Maps (using the manage applications menu). Or clear data for the app - less good as you lose any saved places. But hopefully cleaning the app cache will do it.

The problem with Maps is not a coincidence: Maps, Navigation and Latitude are all parts of the same app these days. That's why you only see "maps" in the manage applications menu and not the other two.
  6. Hoorgi

Hoorgi Member

thanks. how do you clear the cache please?
  7. Hadron

Menu, Applications, Manage Applications. Select the Maps app and Clear Cache is one of the options.