National access coverage not available/ sending picture messagesSupport

Last Updated:

1. G.Armour

G.Armour You know you want to. VIP Member This Topic's Starter

Ok, so I know I can't be the only one having a problem with this. Every single time I try to send a mms it shoots back national access coverage not available. It even happens when I receive a picture message from time to time. This has really got me annoyed and I'm hoping someone knows of a fix. Thanks in advance.

Advertisement
  2. dennygreen

dennygreen Well-Known Member

Yep im getting that too. Only when i send a picture text. It worked fine for a while after I got my x though, so I don't know what happened. I figured its because im still using the froyo leak but maybe not. Its not a huge deal for me since I rarely send pictures but its annoying when I want to but can't. The other phone on my plan does not have the same problem so it's gotta be something with my x.

3. Outlaw71

Outlaw71 Well-Known Member

I have no idea the fix. I am simply here to tell you that you are not alone.

Edit: you have me and Denny Green to share in the annoyance.

4. G.Armour

Ugh, I ain't on the Froyo leak but this is a huge deal for me since I send pics to my wife all the time. So later I may do a factory reset to try to fix.

5. vetvipe

vetvipe Well-Known Member

I have that problem to sometimes. Either a reboot or turning on airplane mode usually works for me.

6. VZdubrep

VZdubrep Active Member

ive had it all night.... I turned on airplane , and tuirned it off and it fixed it!

Good luck :)

7. G.Armour

I did a master reset, tried going into gallery to send pic, chose my pic, went to send and to my dismay, got the stupid national coverage message again. But then I tried again but instead chose the files option instead of gallery, located the pic on my sd card and sent, it went through. I'm not sure why, but it worked. It still won't send from my gallery but it will send.. So good deal. Just a tidbit for anyone else.. I hope this issue gets fixed in the next update.

8. Vis1on

Vis1on Member

I received this message too. I cannot recall if it happened when I sent a picture (though, I think it has), but I distinctly remember it happening when I went to download one. In any event, I simply clicked on it again and it downloaded. It may be a more defined glitch on different handsets, but just waiting a moment and trying again solved it for me.

9. Outlaw71

Mine didn't happen with a picture. Mine happened to me with a text so long that it was converted over to an mms. Now, this is far from abnormal for me, I write texts so long they really should be emails. But my DX converts it over to mms after it's so long, and sends it as that. I've done this many, many times. But a few days ago I did it and it kept giving me that stupid 'no national coverage' message.

I ended up copying the text, pasting it in a new text message, and it sent out just fine. So I don't know what all the commotion was about?

10. G.Armour

Dude, mine was so bad that every single time I would try to send an mms it would pop up with that message. I would try, try, and try to resend, create new, and nothing worked.

11. Outlaw71

Glad you were able to find a way around it then. If it happens to you again, try that airplane mode trick they were talking about. Maybe it will work for you. If I ever come across that message again, I'll try it.

12. dawnierae

dawnierae Well-Known Member

I get that message every now and then. If I wait a few minutes and try to re-send, it usually goes. Sometimes I have to retry a couple of times.

13. bigbadwulff

bigbadwulff Well-Known Member

Happens only rarely to me but it does happen.

14. dennygreen

dennygreen Well-Known Member

Well I finally got around to reverting back to 2.1 from the leak and getting the ota froyo update and I no longer have the problem. Dunno if it was the factory reset that I had to do afterwards that fixed it or what. I had tried everything. Good luck guys.

15. CCRAY

CCRAY Active Member

I had this issue to with any MMS messages, Picture or Video. Regular text messages worked fine. I had to call and have the verizon rep rebuilt my account or profile on thier system in order to get it to work. Once they did that i have not had this issue happen agian.

16. G.Armour

Just an update to this... The ota update to 2.2.1 fixes this issue. Ever since I manually installed the update, I have no problems anymore.

17. yoyoche

yoyoche Member

Everytime I try to send a pic with the message I get the national message pop up.
    I've got a stock droid X with 2.3.340. Stared doing this a couple of months back. Searched for a fix has been to no avail.

18. quickaudi

quickaudi Well-Known Member Contributor

Fwiw, I went through every possible fix, from reboot to battery pull to airplane mode switch, all with vzw tech support, and they checked every setting on my phone and on their end. The only thing that fixed it was a factory reset.

19. G.Armour

Even with the new update?

20. yoyoche

yoyoche Member

21. quickaudi

quickaudi Well-Known Member Contributor

I did not see it with the new update, but considering it wasnt a widespread issue, I doubt moto fixed it

22. cynkrzy

cynkrzy Active Member

Funny, I had this happen at infrequently when I first got the phone (it came with 2.2). Hadn't happened in a while, and then this weekend after the update, it happened a couple of times saturday. Seems fine now.

23. Garrett67

Garrett67 Well-Known Member

All I did was remove all 3rd party messaging apps. Once I did that, I never got the message again.

24. Xeneize480

Xeneize480 Well-Known Member

Are you using the ROM ApeX??

25. Prozac4me

Prozac4me New Member

I've been dealing with this issue for months now, and I have tried EVERY method mentioned, and I can NOT send any MMS, but CAN receive them. Reset's don't work, toggling airplane mode on/off doesn't resolve this. I contacted VZW CS, and they tell me that they were unaware of this issue, despite this thread starting in 2010. If anyone has any clue, please help! This is one of the most frustrating things i've dealt with, because I can't resolve it.

I'm sure VZW won't send me a new phone, because I have this one rooted.