• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help national access coverage not available....

touv

Jul 20, 2010
Hi guys, I need serious help. Im sick of factory resetting my phone everytime I see that message just so I can send pictures. Sending text is fine but when inserting pictures and sending it that message always pops up. This is the 3rd time its happen and the only way to fix it is to reset it!(only to break a week or so later) Even when I call customer service there only advice to reset it. I really need help and I was wondering if anyone out there found a fix. thx

I am having the exact same problem. Are all Droid X phones having this issue or is this just some phones?

Im guessing its just some phones. Ive called tech support 3 times including one 45mins ago and they still seem to have no clue what this problem is. All 3 ppl i talked on the phone told me its the phone but I've got it feeling its vzw. This is my 2nd dx and they both had this problem

Upvote 0
Had the same problem.....found something some where that I had to click , giving the phone permission to send media thru mms.....but I was on the 2.2 leak at the time...looking thru my phone, I no longer can find it.....I also had no 3G indicator showing up...and the person I was sending media to was also considered long distance........

Upvote 0
Had the same problem.....found something some where that I had to click , giving the phone permission to send media thru mms.....but I was on the 2.2 leak at the time...looking thru my phone, I no longer can find it.....I also had no 3G indicator showing up...and the person I was sending media to was also considered long distance........

I've seen the problem on both 2.1 and 2.2, not sure if everyone falls into that same category, though.

As far as the setting, I'm currently running the leaked 2.2 but I cannot seem to find a MMS permission setting...any idea where it was? This is my first android phone so I'm not 100% familiar with all the setup menu intricacies, but I've looked everywhere I can think of.

Thanks for the info.

Upvote 0
It seems like this thread just died. Was there any resolution to this problem? I tried searching all of the threads and didn't see any other references to this issue. I, like many others am having this same issue. I don't believe it is Verizon, I think it is the phone. I was at dinner with my wife and her sister who also has a DX and she sent me a picture but I couln'd send her one. So it can't be the network when two identical phones have different results.

Upvote 0
I think this happens when your getting poor 3g. I have also noticed that 3g seems to shut off when your on wifi or if the phone has been idle for some time. I could be wrong or maybe I have settings set wrong.

Nope. This is happening to me and I have a full 3G signal. Called cust. service about it yesterday and the guy couldn't resolve it so he put in a ticket to the network guys. They left me a message today to say that they will replace my phone to resolve the problem. Given the experience that some others have had on here, I'm not sure if this will be a permanent fix, but hope so...

Upvote 0
I've had this happen when you have the MMS size set to big. I use ChompSMS and when I tried changing the size limit of the MMS messages in the settings I got this error. When I changed it back to a smaller size it works fine. You might try finding that setting and changing it to something smaller and see what happens.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones