national access coverage not available....Support

Last Updated:

1. touv

touv Member This Topic's Starter

Hi guys, I need serious help. Im sick of factory resetting my phone everytime I see that message just so I can send pictures. Sending text is fine but when inserting pictures and sending it that message always pops up. This is the 3rd time its happen and the only way to fix it is to reset it!(only to break a week or so later) Even when I call customer service there only advice to reset it. I really need help and I was wondering if anyone out there found a fix. thx

Advertisement
  2. HookEmHorns*UT*

HookEmHorns*UT* Well-Known Member

I would like to know also. I am having this same issue!

3. esn

esn Well-Known Member

Does this happen when using mms? And are you using the stock message app?

4. touv

yes and yes. Is there other options?

5. jthacker

jthacker Well-Known Member

Same issue here...no one can figure out what it is, either. After googling the problem, I'm pretty certain it's just something with Verizon, as it appears to be a common problem.

6. Szadzik

Szadzik Well-Known Member

Maybe try something like ChompSMS or Handcent as alternatives to standard Messagin and see if this occurs.

7. touv

I tried ChompSMS and the issue is still there... this is frustrating me

8. Foxgguy2001

Foxgguy2001 Active Member

Same here, I've tried using chomp and handcent to no avail...

9. eulerphi8

eulerphi8 Well-Known Member

I am having the exact same problem. Are all Droid X phones having this issue or is this just some phones?

10. touv

Im guessing its just some phones. Ive called tech support 3 times including one 45mins ago and they still seem to have no clue what this problem is. All 3 ppl i talked on the phone told me its the phone but I've got it feeling its vzw. This is my 2nd dx and they both had this problem

11. dmiller2007

dmiller2007 Well-Known Member

I started getting this message today when trying to receive picture messages.

12. tannere

tannere Well-Known Member

I noticed this happens for me when my wifi is on. As soon as I turn it off, it sends the pic

13. T66T

T66T Well-Known Member

turn on airplane mode then wait a minute then turn it off, see if it works

14. jthacker

I've tried just about everything short of a factory reset (which I've read doesn't work, so it's not worth wiping out the phone just to see if I'm the exception)...including turning airplane mode on for a min. I just tried it again just to verify, and nope...still can't send MMS after toggling airplane mode back off.

15. twinsfan1313

twinsfan1313 New Member

Had the same problem.....found something some where that I had to click , giving the phone permission to send media thru mms.....but I was on the 2.2 leak at the time...looking thru my phone, I no longer can find it.....I also had no 3G indicator showing up...and the person I was sending media to was also considered long distance........

16. meezi

meezi Well-Known Member

Same here, it happened when I received a MMS and once I turned off wifi, I didn't get this error. Odd...

17. jthacker

I've seen the problem on both 2.1 and 2.2, not sure if everyone falls into that same category, though.

As far as the setting, I'm currently running the leaked 2.2 but I cannot seem to find a MMS permission setting...any idea where it was? This is my first android phone so I'm not 100% familiar with all the setup menu intricacies, but I've looked everywhere I can think of.

Thanks for the info.

18. CCCC

CCCC Active Member

Just started happening on my phone now too.

Stock 2.1 attempting to send a picture via mms to a contact.

Turning Wi-Fi on and off did nothing, so I tried turning Airplane mode on and off, then resend the picture and that did work.

19. jobester

jobester New Member

I am having the same issue with my X. Unfortunately none of these solutions are working for me. If anyone has any other ideas please let me know.

20. robw56

robw56 Member

It seems like this thread just died. Was there any resolution to this problem? I tried searching all of the threads and didn't see any other references to this issue. I, like many others am having this same issue. I don't believe it is Verizon, I think it is the phone. I was at dinner with my wife and her sister who also has a DX and she sent me a picture but I couln'd send her one. So it can't be the network when two identical phones have different results.

21. nynvolt

nynvolt Well-Known Member

I think this happens when your getting poor 3g. I have also noticed that 3g seems to shut off when your on wifi or if the phone has been idle for some time. I could be wrong or maybe I have settings set wrong.

22. stockracer

stockracer Member

Nope. This is happening to me and I have a full 3G signal. Called cust. service about it yesterday and the guy couldn't resolve it so he put in a ticket to the network guys. They left me a message today to say that they will replace my phone to resolve the problem. Given the experience that some others have had on here, I'm not sure if this will be a permanent fix, but hope so...

23. Garrett67

Garrett67 Well-Known Member

Yeah this is driving me nuts. I should be able to send an mms with such an advanced phone.

24. bigbadwulff

bigbadwulff Well-Known Member

Try a *228 lately???????

25. Brian_83

Brian_83 Well-Known Member

I've had this happen when you have the MMS size set to big. I use ChompSMS and when I tried changing the size limit of the MMS messages in the settings I got this error. When I changed it back to a smaller size it works fine. You might try finding that setting and changing it to something smaller and see what happens.