• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help national access coverage not available....

followed some of the other users here and turned off and on airplane mode several times. none of it worked. finally I turned airplane mode on and turned the gps off. i then turned airplane mode off and tried to download the picture i was sent and it worked.

so it took many times turning on and off the airplane mode.

other than that i have tried everything else posted here except for a rest.

Upvote 0
turn on airplane mode then wait a minute then turn it off, see if it works

I tried this and it worked right away. My Droid broke within the first month. so I was given a refurb (those are my favorite:rolleyes:) then the refurb broke, so now I have another refurb. This has happened on EACH Droid I have been given. Verizon could care less if I can send pic messages..I can't stand them!!

What is a *228??

Upvote 0
I tried this and it worked right away. My Droid broke within the first month. so I was given a refurb (those are my favorite:rolleyes:) then the refurb broke, so now I have another refurb. This has happened on EACH Droid I have been given. Verizon could care less if I can send pic messages..I can't stand them!!

What is a *228??

Dial it and find out how it programs your phone.

Upvote 0
update...after the software update I installed a new text client...Go SMS Pro...that fixed the problem...was using Handscent since got phone. After install SMS Pro I deleted Handscent. I am now able to send/rec pix via text. This is first time in almost a year. Dont know if my download of Handscent had a bug? I tried all suggestions posted here short of factory reset to no avail. Just wanted to share.

Upvote 0
Make sure you also have the lastest software version on your device. You should have Version.2.3.20.A955.Verizon.en.US/BP_C_01.09.07P. You can view the information on your device by clicking on
From the main screen, touch menu tab
Touch Settings
Touch About Phone

View Information under Baseband Version & System Version
If the information is correct, you will want to dial *228 press send and select option 1 to re-program.
it should fix the problem with mms not sending problems

Upvote 0
I didn't make it through all these post but I have had this same problem. I have never had to do a phone reset to fix it though. I delete the picture that I am trying to send from the message and then reattach it. This has worked for me the 3-4 times I have had the issue. It always seems to be when I have poor 3G that it happens too. You have to delete the message that you were trying to send though. If not when you try to send the message again it will give you the same error. Hope this helps you guys.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones