Native Brower Weirdness

Last Updated:

1. aileendq

aileendq Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

Nov 6, 2009
    Last night I was playing and I happened to clear my cache, cookies and history for the Google browser. I played/browsed a bit more, but when I went back to the Google search page, I noticed that it was still set to my work location, and despite toggling on my GPS on, which usually does the trick, when neccesary, it remained at my work setting.

THEN the search feature just disappeared! So the url was correct in the address bar, but the page was entirely blank. Nothing I did fixed it, so I did a battery pull and...still no luck. However, after browsing a bit more (bookmarks were in tact), the search came back all on its own, although I had to sign in again.

I'm guessing this was something I did. Thankfully, I did not panic (my Droid has taught me this!) and it came back all on its own.

Has anyone else experienced this? Again, I don't doubt it's a pibcak error (or whatever that fun acronym is).

Thanks! :eek:

2. vincentp

vincentp Well-Known Member

Nov 11, 2009
    I've had some weird occurences with the stock browser, but I've always been able to take care of them by killing the process and restarting it. That's a pretty unusual one though; no idea what would have caused that besides some strange application bug.