• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Native Call Recording on EVO 4G

I've seen a lot of remarks about good call recorder apps for the EVO 4G. None of them are really that good or reliable.

To take advantage of native call recording on the EVO 4G, all you need to do is set the phone call to speaker after connected and then start the Voice Recorder app that comes with the phone. It records both sides of the conversation very clearly and you can adjust the speaker volume to about 75% for optimum audio capturing.

In the state of Texas, it is legal to record any conversation without informing the other party that you are doing so. Be sure to check with your state before recording any phone calls covertly.

To take advantage of native call recording on the EVO 4G, all you need to do is set the phone call to speaker after connected and then start the Voice Recorder app that comes with the phone. It records both sides of the conversation very clearly and you can adjust the speaker volume to about 75% for optimum audio capturing.

Is there an app that can handle call recording for the X or the forthcoming Droid 2? I am interested if there is ANY way/app that can record calls when NOT on speakerphone, such as wearing a head piece, blue tooth, or simply holding the phone to your ear? I do a lot of recordings for an online radio show, and this would be great. Thanks :)

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones